Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Lyrik owners – bit of a psa i suppose re. oil levels
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

I bought the rc2dh damper and dual flow rebound to go into my lyrik CSU. On the Rock Shox website it states at 160mm travel that you need 187ml of 5wt oil in the damper. Followed this diligently and the forks felt awful, harsh, ramping up, the rebound and compression did virtually nothing at either extreme.

I contacted the SRAM tech centre on Sunday night and didn’t really expect a response as i am a member of the public!! But yesterday ane mail arrived explaining the best way to fill the fork was using the oil height method. The oil should be 115mm down from the top of the threads according to them. So off i went to the shed last night emptied the oil, refilled up to 115mm from the top. Whacked the damper back in and bingo! They feel ace now! probably 30-40ml less oil than on the oil chart.

duntstick
    Free Member

rob-jackson
    Free Member

is there something i cant see there duntstick?

Milkie
    Free Member

Would this be the same for the Lyrik RLR’s (180mm)? 😕

rsvktm

Cheers for that. Thought was just me with the feel of the forks after my recent servicing. Just been out and removed oil to that oil height, which is the way motorbike forks measure, and on quick bounce test feel better. Off out today so will see.

Thanks again.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

I hope this ends my poor harsh rides!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Oh and they recommend 95psi in the air chamber for my weight (74kg) as opposed to the 85psi on the chart (DPA btw)

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Just tried them on a beer run to the shop (6 miles) and they are night and day better! Steps were ace!

twohats
    Free Member

Is that measured with the forks extended or compressed??

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Fully extended

duntstick
    Free Member

is there something i cant see there duntstick

Just a marker so I can refer to this later , cheers Rob 🙂

rob-jackson
    Free Member

no probs 🙂

rob-jackson
    Free Member

rsvktm – how did you get on?

legend
    Free Member

Oil height has always been a better way of doing things, not sure why the likes of RS went to volume when they started making dampers with more critical oil levels.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

loco has just said contrary to this, not sure now what to do grrr

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Lyrik owners – bit of a psa i suppose re. oil levels’ is closed to new replies.