Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Lyrik or wotan?
  • sherry
    Free Member

Thinking of going for a Rock shox Lyrik 2 step or Magura Wotan. Which is the best and most reliable, there is not much difference in the price at the moment. Any opinions on the forks will be helpful especially by owners.

neil853
    Free Member

I have a set of 2 steps, after a just a year dirt has got past the seal and marked the legs, this despite the fact that they have been serviced extremely regularly. Really good forks, just the sealing isn’t the best and they’re labour intensive (i’m actually servicing mine as we speak after the mountain mayhem last weekend!).

nodrog2
    Free Member

Got some Wotan’s, great fork, the best big fork i’ve owned (tried 36’s and maz 55’s, ridden lyrics but not owned a set). They are a little heavier than the Lyric but every bit as good out on the trail. albert select works very well, travel adjust does it’s job, fork is super stiff and plush. Keep the seals lubed and it’s very reliable. The lyric is also a great fork but the 2 step can be unreliable. If you want an air fork then i would say get the wotan. If you get the lyric then i would say get the coil version.

Konastoner
    Free Member

I think that the Wotan weighs about the same as a Lyrik U-Turn Coil, certainly the heaviest in its class. If weight is not a problem then your probably better off with a Lyrik Coil. Wotan is a good fork judging by the reviews online.
    2 steps have reliability issues too.

baa
    Free Member

I’ve got Wotans on my Hemlock, not tried any fork of similar travel.
    But I find them a great fork, as nodrog said super stiff and plush.

Gary_C

DO NOT BUY A WOTAN FORK!!!!!

I bought a set in June ’06,Albert select packed up twice,2 sets of lowers suffered cracks in the post mounts,other niggly problems…..all added up to me rejecting the forks the last time Magura sent them back to my LBS…minus the Maxle that they went away with.So how was I supposed to fit the wheel & “Go Ride?”
    I will never spend my hard earned cash on any product made by that company ever again!

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Got a set of lyric 2 step airs on my nomad.Still early days yet but up to now very impressed.But then again my last set of forks were manitue[sp?] black comps on my old orange sub 5

Tracey

Got a set of 2 step air, have been assured that the problems with the 07 ones have been sorted. They are very plush, cant wait to get them in the Alps and managed to get a good deal [got £400 off]

Tracey

johnikgriff
    Free Member

I’ve had Wotans and have recently swapped them for Lyrik Coils. I really like the Wotans, but found it difficult to get them just right. Think it is was a rider weight thing as I’m over 14 stone. Swapped to the lyrik, changed the spring to a firm and they are perfect. Wouldn’t struggle to recommended eiter to be honest. Sold my Wotans on to a friend and I wouldn’t have done that if they wern’t a great fork. both much more reliable than Fox. Wotan have a 2 year warrenty and the lyrix is easy to give a quick service. Arm twisted and I’d go for the Lyrik, just.

hora
    Free Member

Lyrik uturns- new for £490. Nuff said.

dave_aber
    Free Member

My lyric 2-step’s sit low at the moment (135mm or 100mm). AFAIK pos air can leak into the neg side, and can’t get out again, pushing the fork down.

My mate’s lyrics have gone the other way, sitting high. 145/160. Not sure what’s going on inside to make them do that – maybe just neg air leaking out.

TF Tuned recommend swapping the spring for a coil U-Turn in both cases. Around £60

hora
    Free Member

2010 Revelation? (150mm travel).

freeridenick
    Free Member

55 etas, very good so far and can still get them for about 1/2 the price of lyrics and wotans.

hora
    Free Member

55 etas, very good so far and can still get them for about 1/2 the price of lyrics and wotans.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Evil.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I had a Wotan and it was very good. It felt much more controlled and stiffer over the local rooty death steps than my mates ’09 36 Talas. The only problems I found were 1. The FCR remote is shite and broke twice just fitting it so I fitted a poploc 2. They are a bit of a pain to set up if you set the sag correctly they dive through the travel too easily so you need some albert on them.

I think point 2 is due to the massive air chamber that the forks have and the travel isnt progressive enough and is actually more linear than my current Pikes. If I had the same choice as you I would get the Lyriks just because I like RS forks.

sherry
    Free Member

Well that’s thrown me a little as I was thinking the Wotan was edging it before now I’m thinking Lyrik coil! cheers for the feed back.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Wotans were great, if a little heavy for the travel, but ultra reliable and great solid feel. I’d recommend them to anyone.

nodrog2
    Free Member

If anyone is having problems with the wotan diving and want it to be a bit more progressive then have a read of this:

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Magura-Wotan-review-2008.html

rob1984p
    Free Member

i had some of the “problematic” ’07 air ones and they didn’t miss a beat; i rate them so highly.

Gary_C

ultra reliable

Oh no they’re not!!

German engineering???Bollox….

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

lyric. thread closed.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Lyrik or wotan?’ is closed to new replies.