Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Lyrik Oil leaks
  • stevomcd
    Free Member

Got some new Lyriks (08 Coil u-turns) back in December, but (due to the large amounts of snow covering the trails) didn’t fit them until March and they’ve only had any serious riding over the last few weeks.

Last week I noticed a bit of oil leaking around the compression adjuster and around the fork seal on the damper leg. Have cleaned it off and it seems to have slowed/stopped (and I do still seem to have damping).

Any ideas? Big problem or just bit over-filled at the factory?

Only seemed to start after I put a couple of clicks of compression damping on (had been running with zero compression damping up until then).

dave_aber
    Free Member

Mine just started leaking (a tiny bit TBH) on the spring side after a day at Laggan.

I have an ongoing issue with the 2-step air managing to transfer pressure from +ve side to -ve side where it gets trapped, which makes them drop down to shorter travel (134mm at the mo, on the long setting!)

Give TF Tuned a bell. Their technicians are all ‘wired for sound’, so they can answer calls and give out advice whilst still working on jobs – they are happy to advise.

I called them and they were very helpful. I’ll be ordering a U-Turn coil conversion kit soon, as advised by them.

Eccles
    Free Member

Common problem, apparently. Mine pissed loads out, but TF fixed them up recently, no problems since. Apparently you can DIY it with a couple of o rings it or simply remove the Motion Control unit and send them that.

I’m cack handed and terrified of busting a fork that’s worth more than the rest of the bike put together, so sent them the whole shebang 😳

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Lyrik Oil leaks’ is closed to new replies.