Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Lyrik Coil U Turn
  • Quite fancy a set of these but does anyone have some and can share their views?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Merlin Cycles have some cracking deals on at the mo'. Just bought a set of 170mm coil DHs – feel great despite only getting half travel due to my light weight . . . and they're lighter than the Marzs they replaced. Hopefully an x-soft spring will be winging its way from TFTuned later today 🙂 .

mikey74
    Free Member

I have some on my Banshee and they are brilliant forks. I have used them for everything from xc to dh. They are not the lightest but I think that is easily offset by the fantastic suspension performance.

They are pretty reliable and only really need oil changing every so often and good service once a year.

The only problem I've had with them is some oil leaking out of the top of the mission control unit but took it out, cleaned it, and it was fine after that.

I can strongly recommend them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

They are like a Pike, but bigger, stiffer and better damped. That's about it really.
    Ohh, U turn is handy. I'm not sure the high and low speed compression adjustment does much.

mamadirt – is there a table showing rider weights against spring weight?

mikey74
    Free Member

I'm not sure the high and low speed compression adjustment does much.

It depends what oil is used: If you use lighter weight oil it gives a far great range of control.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Probably. But, being Rock Shox, I wouldn't take much notice of it if I were you. They seem to usually recommend a weight too heavy.

mamadirt
    Free Member

CokeItUpAndWatchItSmoke – Member

Yep, managed to find one here . . .

http://www.sram.com/_media/pdf/service/coil_spring_chart.pdf

Scroll down to the bottom of page 2.

Badgerpoo
    Free Member

I was on the boundary of soft/x-soft, but still couldn't get more than 130mm travel with the soft spring. X-soft all day. I weigh 10.5 stone fwiw.

thanks folks. Just picked a 3 month old set up off ebay for £300!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Lyrik Coil U Turn’ is closed to new replies.