Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • lyrics versus marz 55's
  • jedi

let the trial begin!

i been using 55s and now have tapered lyrics on the corperaterocket(tm)

will see if the lyrics work as well.
    what’s your experiences?

carbon337
    Free Member

What model Lyrik?

I have 2009 160 uTurn coil but with the 2010 MiCo DH damper. Means no floodgate but better compliance and better high speed compression to resist it blowing through travel.

Im about 14.5 st but still using the medium spring – they say the spring rates RS published are too stiff so try one grade under recommended if its a coil you have.

mikey74
    Free Member

I can’t comment on the Zocchis but I have been using coil Lyriks for a couple of years and I think they are brilliant forks: I have used them for everything from all-day xc rides to the gnarliest trails the Whistler Bike Park has to offer, and they have taken it all with aplomb.

My only criticism is that they did suffer with a bit of oil leakage from the top of the Mission Control unit, that seems to have disappeared now, after we took it out, cleaned it, and put it back.

jedi

dunno what lyric model.
    they have travel adjust/ air/ rebound and compression

carbon337
    Free Member

2 step airs by the sounds of it then.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I have had both, currently running coil lyrik’s and the (coil) lyrik is a much better and more reliable fork. Use the lyrik, but stick a coil in it, I know a few people who have done this and been pleased with the result.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Love them both.

Had a couple of pairs of Marz 55Rs, run at both 140 and 160mm (pretty easy to adjust travel by moving an internal spacer – bit of a pain to drain the oil and remove a circlip but doesn’t take long). I particularly like the Marzocchis as with virtually no air preload they are plush as a very plush thing – pretty important when you’re light like me. My first pair did have the much-publicised damper problem and as I bought them from Canada they weren’t covered under UK warranty, hence £45 for a new cartridge – no such problems with the second pair though.

My current forks are 170mm Lyriks – again super-plush fitted with an extra soft spring. Loads less bob/dive than the Marzocchis (mine have the MiCo D/H damper). I’ve just swapped the 170mm set-up for a U-turn spring as they’ll be going on my new hardtail and mostly run at around 120mm – overkill maybe but they are lovely forks and that extra travel will always be there when I start whinging about needing skill compensation again 🙄 . Dead nice to work on too – U-turn conversion was a breeze.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘lyrics versus marz 55's’ is closed to new replies.