Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lyric Coil U-turn, how much better than Pike Coil U-turn?
  • John25
    Free Member

Hi Guys

Anyone running a Rockshox Lyric Coil U-turn fork?

I’m hoping they’ll give a noticeable increase in performance over my 2009 Coil Pikes but match them for reliability

Any feedback appreciated

Thanks

devs
    Free Member

Erm, if by better you mean more travel then yes they are better. they aren’t like for like. I have both and like both very much indeed thanks.

John25
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m about to click on the 160mm version, so they have 20mm more travel than my Pikes

I use the bike for all sorts of riding, but I’m looking for better DH performance, basically feeling a bit plusher and keeping the front tyre in contact with the ground more over the bumps, etc. The Pikes feel a bit out of their depth on certain trails, I’m hoping the Lyrics will make a noticeable improvement in DH feel (a £650 improvement to be exact)

Thanks

Northwind

Lyrik is a more tunable fork and has a better rebound damper, if your beef with the Pikes is the way they deal with sequential hits then you should definately find an improvement.

kayak23

I use my lyriks for everything from towpath to Morzine blacks and they seem fine.

kayak23

Lyric Coil U-turn, how much better than Pike Coil U-turn?

just to be clear, 1.983 times better.

hora
    Free Member

Go for Fox, far better on damping for a start. Even second Fox’s are better.

rj
    Free Member

Getting the Pikes Pushed to suit your riding might be an option. A mate had his done and said it completely transformed their performance.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’ve got the Lyriks and I’ve had the Pikes and the main differences to me were (in order) the stiffness, then the travel, then the damping.

I didn’t think the Lyriks were a lot better damping-wise than the Pike but they are much better in terms of steering precision and general toughness. You can plow through anything, basically.

nosedive
    Free Member

I’ve got Lyric 2 step air after ruining a set of Pikes with my no service for 3 years schedule. they are absolutely brilliant, way better than I even hoped they would be, with the adjust they are good for everything from commuting to crashing headlong into rocks at wharnecliffe

tomaso
    Free Member

There was no weight difference between my basic coil Pikes and the U-turn coil Lyriks when I upgraded my Pitch. Hard to compare damping as my pikes were non-adjustable, but the more adjustable Pikes on my Prophet work very well but just seem to lack the buttery smooth progression of the Lyrik.

In terms of stiffness the Lyrik does feel more robust and less liable to be deflected by really rocky trails.

But its the extra travel on big downhills that really makes the differences.

jambon
    Free Member

Wotan’s is all I have to say.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lyric Coil U-turn, how much better than Pike Coil U-turn?’ is closed to new replies.