Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Lyric 07 Help
  • neil853
    Free Member

My Lyric 2 steps have been trouble free for the 6-7 months i’ve had them, but when i went out yesterday some dirst seems to have got past the seal and marked the legs. Not catosrophic, but never the less they’re marked. Lines running up the left leg

What should i do? contact fishers and complain? send them away to T F Tuned to get looked at?

I’m more than a little annoyed to be honest as i always keep my bike immaculate, i enjoy maintaining my bike.

So whats the crack guys?

retro83
    Free Member

How often have you performed a lowers service on them?
    As for the scratches, you might be able to fix them with epoxy or something.

neil853
    Free Member

i have two bikes and these are on my ransom that i don’t use too often, they are certainly on the recomended service time. you can just feel the lines with your finger.

they haven’t had a lower leg service. how often are they meant to have that? i thought it was just a service every 30 hours or so?

i wouldn’t use epoxy on them, that would just look tatty wouldn’t it?

retro83
    Free Member

You could use clear nail polish instead (prob not as durable as the expoy tho). Then you will want to sand it down very carefully with fine sandpaper.

I do a lowers service about every month on my Pike forks, but then I am pretty obsessive-compulsive with regards to suspension performance!

neil853
    Free Member

i am too! performance and condition of the forks was mint until yesterday which yes, was a muddy ride, but i still don’t think that it should have been that easy to get past the seal?

alpin
    Free Member

has it affected the performance?

how are they when ‘working’. how much do you weigh? i’ve heard the 2step works best with fat riders….

neil853
    Free Member

the forks feel a little sticky compared to how they were before the weekend? i’ve put some lube on and they feel a lot better.

should i get in contact with fishers? Or live with it and just get them serviced (sorry but i’m inclined to nolt agree with this).

neil853
    Free Member

does the warranty cover this? looking in the manual and on the sram website it doesn’t say it doesn’t?

TinMan
    Free Member

GO to the Dirt website and find the TFT video for Boxxers.
    There they describe the 10min strip, seal clean & re-lube process that needs to be followed to ensure your problem doesn’t occur. Video is generic to most current RS forks

TinMan
    Free Member

It’s Here

Fishers would probably say it’s a maintenance failure. You need to strip & clean more frequently as described in the manual. I have Totems and it’s just a fact of life these days to stop scoring of the tubes.

neil853
    Free Member

the manual says every 50 hours, i think the fork has only done that maximum?! there’s no mention of this strip and clean in the manual? only a service every 50 hours?

neil853
    Free Member

the annoying thing for me is that there performance hasn’t altered since i got them, they have been fantastic. then after one wet/muddy ride mud has past the seal and marked the leg.

as i said i wouldn’t mind bu the bike has always been kept clean and well maintained/lubed. this surely can’t be right?! after 6 months i have to either live with the marks on the leg or pay to get them serviced and/or replace the legs/crown/steerer.

its too easy a get out clause to say its a maintenance failure

retro83
    Free Member

If it genuinely hasn’t done 50 hours, maybe it’s worth speaking to the shop you got them from? Gotta be worth a try.

neil853
    Free Member

the shop i got the bike from are useless, got the bike because it was reduced and a good deal.

may have to just service them myself live with it. annoyed though

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Lyric 07 Help’ is closed to new replies.