Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Lynskey Sportive or….
  • pedalhead
    Free Member

So here I am daydreaming about my 40th pressie (mostly to myself I suspect!) later this year. I’m thinking I’d quite fancy something for the road. I wouldn’t be after anything too all-out racey, as it would need to be comfortable for all-dayers (150+ miles), but not a heavy, clunky tourer either. Must have space for mudguards and have at least a degree of subtle bling about it (coz I’m superficial like that). I’m thinking so far that the Lynskey Sportive would tick those boxes. Budget…I’d hope for somewhere around £2.5k or so.

Any other suggestions please? Cheers!

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Van Nic Amazon…. with Alfine 11 and the belt drive option. Perhaps not super bling, but bomb-proof and about as niche as you’ll get 😀

pedalhead
    Free Member

hmm that looks nice, though I think a bit over my budget!

BIGMAN
    Free Member

I have a Lynskey Cooper that I train on. Not the Sportive but same tubeset just slightly different geo..

My XL builds to 17pounds with heavy training Wheels and Rubber.. Smidge under 16 with normal wheels.

Frame is lovely to ride and comfy for long sessions. Nice and nippy to race on to. Build quality is lovely…

Gonna upgrade my summer bike to another Lynskey at some point to I think..

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Come, come…. what price quality?? 😉

Ridiculous as it sounds, it’s floating to the top of my ‘next commuter’ list – testing the water with a Pompetamine/chain drive to see if I like the Alfine and find the right gear ratio, then may swap frames as funds permit…..

pedalhead
    Free Member

Cheers Bigman, your experience with the Cooper sounds reassuring for the long-distance comfort of the Sportive. Great value for a good Ti frame. My favourite LBS is also a Lynskey dealer, which helps 🙂

I think the Amazon looks good for a commuter, though I’m not sure I fancy hub gears for a “fast”, albeit long-distance, road bike. All that weight at the back…meh

bristolbiker
    Free Member

though I’m not sure I fancy hub gears for a “fast”, albeit long-distance, road bike. All that weight at the back…meh

Yes, my worry too – on a few v short blasts, can’t say I’m noticing the concentrated weight. Need to wait for the ‘proper’ shifter to arrive to do a like-for-like with my equivalently specced geared bike.

firestarter
    Free Member

Sabbath September

pedalhead
    Free Member

that Sabbath is a bit of a bargain.

firestarter
    Free Member

Here’s mine, its very comfy

BadlyWiredDog

Lynskey-built Planet X Ti Pro Race here, really nice, comfortable ride, fantastic on longer runs. I think Lynskey does a great job of combining suppleness with nicely direct power transfer and I’d happily buy one of their own-brand frames.

twelveski
    Free Member

Just got one of these as my one (Road) bike does it all.
    First impressions are very positive and built with a mixture of Dura ace & FSA components only weighs 16lb 5oz. Will be adding some mudguards shortly though as I don’t like getting wet.

BIGMAN
    Free Member

I’ll get some pics of mine up over the weekend… Its filthy at moment from this mornings ride…

All Lynskeys seem to be getting really good write ups in the press. Weights Reasonable. My XL frame weighs 2.9pounds. Not light like a carbon frame but does not surrender much. The higher end frames come down in weight by about half a pound.

Its also far more comfy to ride that my Cervelo S3… There is a nice degree of comfort to the frame but you do not feel like any energy is wasted..

pedalhead
    Free Member

more good options, thanks

bol

I’ve had the planet x lynskey sportive for the last month or so and first impressions are that it’s extremely comfortable, and that the power transfer is much better than I expected. The BB is stiff as anything compared with other road bikes I’ve ridden.

barn
    Free Member

Enigma Etape.
    Their steel bikes are also worth a look.

brassneck

Enigma Etape.

Seconded.. in fact I’m rather hoping my impending 40th might free up the family accountant to let at one .. lovely..

MisterT

Very happy with my 40th from my lovely lady. Enigma XcR – stainless steel…. flipping lovely.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Lynskey Sportive or….’ is closed to new replies.