Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lynskey MT29 Users
  • livinbse
    Free Member

Hi,

Looking for a hardtail frame, been looking at the Lynskey MT29 Ti frame, does anyone have any experience
    of these or are riding one at present, can’t seem to see many reviews.

thanks . P

scotroutes

Lynskey?

I’m sure it’s a cracking frame.

I’m a big fan of Ti. I currently own 3 Ti frames. Based on my experience I’d never touch a Lynskey.

wwaswas

I had a Lynskey. It cracked.

mtbfix

I’ve had a Ridgeline 29 for 4 years and it hasn’t cracked. It’s great.

philjunior
    Free Member

I too had a Lynskey. It cracked very quickly.

ianfitz
    Free Member

Not that model, but…

I have a T’inbred. a lynskey built frame made for on-one. Bought secondhand, as of today it’s covered 21,652km/335,001m in 1481 hours of ‘normal’ riding during the last three years under my ownership, and 3257km/59293m in 255 with bikepacking kit on in the same time too.

Most of it’s time with me its been built as a rigid bike. It hasn’t cracked. Based on that I’d buy another.

It’s my favourite bike of all time

monkeysfeet
    Free Member
    philjunior
    Free Member

I think we can conclude that if you buy a Lynskey, it might not crack.

Many other brands that don’t have a mysterious – and perhaps unfounded in the minds of those who have got lucky – reputation for cracking are available. Although tbh Ti is very difficult to weld and Lynskey’s reputation may be as much down to their choice of material (And perhaps an element of being too crafty and not engineery enough in their approach) as their ability to weld a frame.

ianfitz
    Free Member

I do wonder if part of the cracking reputation they have is due, in part at least, to volume.

I know of two tripsters that have cracked too, one mid tube!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I bought an mt29, sent it straight back once it came out of the box and I’d given it the once over.

I’m lanky and run my seat posts a long way out of the frame, the 31.6 seat tube wasn’t, it was a flared section at the top, not deep enough for me to insert a ks i9 125mm dropper much beyond minimum insert (a few mm only, 10mm -15mm past minimum insert would have seen me happy) *just* fine for pedally racey high saddle but a comfy normal height wasn’t achievable without dropping the post a bit or switching to a shim and 27.2 post. no good for anyone who might want to push the post in all the way to the collar.

I swapped it for another Lynskey (29er pro) it’s not cracked yet and I’m not delicate. (Also 27.2 but sliding dropouts etc, without dropper compatibility the mt had no advantages and a few minor disadvantages)

livinbse
    Free Member

It won’t be a Lynskey then! Any other Ti frames with a good reputation.
    I’ve got a Ti road bike which I wouldn’t change for anything, just need a good XC Frame to build up.

bramblesummer
    Free Member

Stanton have 3 Ti frame options. I’m on the Sherpa Ti at the moment, and it’s getting used more than the big bike! I’ve fallen in love with…..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lynskey MT29 Users’ is closed to new replies.