Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lyiks on a five?
  • carbon337
    Free Member

I posted a thread about fox 36 floats on a five last week – to be used for light freeride – steep technical natural trails and light DH.

Has anyone got a set of Lyriks on a five?

Im a bit confused about the options, 2 step, coil air etc etc…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

My mate has a set. I think he loves the forks (had some on a Nomad too) but doesn't get on with the Five frame…

geetee1972
    Free Member

Coil uturn means you can set the travel anywhere between 160 and 100mm. 2-step means they are either 160 130 and 100 I think but I could be wrong on the increments. You can also get fixed travel air springs.

The coils perform better and are more reliable but they are around one pound heavier than a fox 36 float.

I have a part of coil lyriks I am looking to sell if you're interested. A few cosmetic marks on the lowers but the stanchions are immaculate. They are about 18 months old.

jam-bo

best bike i've ever had. 2-step airs seem pretty good so far (picked them up cheap). planning on racing the local DH and XC series on it this winter.

Untitled by jambo-uk, on Flickr

Burts
    Free Member

but I could be wrong on the increments

Just to be a pedant, the coil u-turn is anything from 115-160mm (45mm range). On my Heckler, I use either end of the range for uphill/downhill and then stick it on a middling 130mm-ish for singletrack.

The air 2-step is either 115mm or 160mm, nothing in between, but obviously weighs less.

Valleyboy
    Free Member

How old is your five, i posted something the other day and was advised against it because it would knack the handling of the bike, mines an 05

Cheers
    Nick

carbon337
    Free Member

2010 model

stevede
    Free Member

I'm planning on 36's or lyriks on my 06 five as it's optimum travel on oranges website was 150mm so it should work well. The newer five has geometry more suited to a 140mm fork (HA wise) as to not tread on the alpines toes i presume.
    Currently running pikes at 140mm but as i ride as much dh as anything else i think i'd prefer mine a touch slacker.

markyd

2-step had loads of problems with o-rings twisting and the seal failing. I converted mine to u-turn. Not sure if they ever fixed the reliability of the 2-step, certainly not when I last spoke to TFT.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lyiks on a five?’ is closed to new replies.