• This topic has 20 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by SirHC.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Lycra Tights – full length and 3/4
  • scotroutes

I’ve struggled to get a good fit with either Gore or Endura and wondering what else is worth trying.

The problem is that I find the material too tight over the thighs once I get a fit for waist and leg length. The result is that they tend to work their way down my legs and I end up with the lycra pad between my thighs instead of covering my arse. Bibtights obviously work out Ok as they don’t slip down but I’d like some non-bib options.

Seems to me that cyclists would have a non-standard thigh:waist ratio but the manufacturers aren’t taking this into consideration?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

DHB aren’t bad Colin.
    Cheap enough not to worry about if you don’t get in with them too..

highlandman
    Free Member

Have you tried something like Endura multi tights over a liner or regular lycra short? Cheap and cheerful, flexible solution but not the most weather resistant for properly minging days.

scotroutes

Couple of ideas there. DHB certainly worth a try, especially at their prices.

Anyone else “suffer” from this issue and can recommend an alternative?

rOcKeTdOg

I’ve had good results from Madison’s own brand, no baggy crotch syndrome & the drawstring waist is unobtrusive.

FOG

I find the dhb ones way under size to the extent of having to go to xxl when normally I am between L and XL. Seem to wear quickly too. I bought some cheap Decathlon ones that do exactly what you say with the pad. My best results have been with some non pad Endura waist tights which when worn over liners never come down and are reasonably warm

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Eat fewer pies.

scotroutes

How about a pie of two halves?

Anyway, waist size isn’t a problem. It’s my Hoy-like thighs! 🙂

alanf
    Free Member

Lusso?
    I think that’s what they’re called. Had em for a few years and seem ok.

jonba
    Free Member

Leg and knee warmers to let you mix and match?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

An extra half of pie adds an inch to the thigh.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Santini seem to be the best thought out that I have tried, much better than some Asturias I bought that were more expensive. You do need to go up a size or possibly two but they are tight in all the right places and even the simpler ones with fewer panels are more comfortable than the cheaper brand’s many panelled options. This is for 3/4s.

fasthaggis

Anyone else “suffer” from this issue and can recommend an alternative?

Yes,years ago I gave up on all non bib shorts,so I don’t buy them. 🙂

What’s the problem with bibs?

dickie
    Free Member

I love these;
    Funkier
    Great price, & double material on the knees.

deets

I’ve developed the same problem with jeans, have had to abandon my preferred model…

I know you were looking for non-bib, but I recently got some Specialized bib longs that stretch over my regular bibs and have been a revelation, absolute bargain from Evans (of all places!). They take a bit of getting into but so warm and comfy for such a slinky fit and fabric.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/rbx-sport-winter-bib-tight-w-o-pad-ec067365

samunkim
    Free Member

these seem a good fit

IMHO

EBay Scott

nickc

Leg and knee warmers to let you mix and match?

+1

given up on longs and 3/4 and just use these

Junkyard
    Free Member

the problem with bibs is when you need a pee as you will when touring /long days

BillMC

Gore do use a few different designs/shapes. I’ve just given some away I didn’t like but 2 pairs I have retained are great.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Morvelo bibs are nice.. Have a zip to take a whizz too

SirHC

Have a look at Castellti, I had the same with endura’s and others, the pad is to big the fit isnt great, they size a bit small.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Lycra Tights – full length and 3/4’ is closed to new replies.