Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lycra shorts advice?
  • butterbean
    Free Member

I hope someone can help with some advice.

I am looking for some padded lycra shorts (not bibs, cannot stand wearing them). My only main requirement is the pad is quite small and thin. I have tried a few bibs over the years & do not like massive, thick pads.

They are for under my baggies, so I don’t mind if they are a bit lairy in a sale. Just looking for some recommendations if people have some experience?

Thanks

nedrapier

Try sugoi on sport pursuit. Got some lightweight liner lycra jobs. Ideal for under shorts. Had a pair for years. They look a bit flimsy, but lasted me really well.

househusband
    Free Member

Try sugoi on sport pursuit. Got some lightweight liner lycra jobs. Ideal for under shorts. Had a pair for years. They look a bit flimsy, but lasted me really well. Try sugoi on sport pursuit.

Fully agree, especially with them looking frail but lasting well.

These are the ones I’ve got:

http://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/644757

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    swanny853

Depending on what you mean by ‘small’ as far as the pad goes, dhb aeron (not aeron race or pro) are quite good light material, a good cut and the pad is good- I just always thought it was too small!

jimdubleyou

I have a pair of these
    http://www.tenn-outdoors.co.uk/tenn-mens-coolflo-padded-cycling-boxersundershorts–blackgrey–sml

Can’t speak to their longevity as I’ve only had them a few weeks, but the pad is small & thin

lunge

On-One RaceLine or Decathlon 700/520 stuff. Cracking pads and not much money.

mogrim

The cheap Decathlon shorts have a fairly small and thin pad. Quality is about what you’d expect for the price, but they’re so cheap it hardly matters, and you’re going to wear them under shorts anyway.

SirHC

2xu Perform Tri shorts have a minimal pad, just enough padding for all day rides.

freeagent
    Free Member

Decathlon 520 – they are £35 at the moment.
    Really nice ‘3D’ pad..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lycra shorts advice?’ is closed to new replies.