Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Lycra Short Reviews
  • MartinGT
    Free Member

Im probabley going to be shot down in flames or waste my time for this. However, I shall continue.

Why dont MTB magazines show many reviews for Lycra shorts? I am one of the few MTBers that wear Lycra shorts and find it frustrating to find only baggy short or 3/4 baggy shorts (IMO Chav wear btw) review in MTB mags.

Lycra is great, it lets you move about on the bike without any restrictions, when its cold your keep warmer, when its hot you keep cooler.

duntstick
    Free Member

Rather be 'chav' than this…………..

MartinGT
    Free Member

😆

chakaping
    Free Member

Oh god, I'm off to burn all my lycra after seeing that picture.

Edric64
    Free Member

I wear lycra as well on longer rides but on pub type rides I wear baggies over the top

nickc

MT500.

Whyte1
    Free Member

lycra under baggies used Gore Onza bibs today they are fantastic the best i've ever used

chakaping
    Free Member

Actually, even though my other Endura garments have fallen apart repeatedly, my MT500 shorts are still going strong and very comfy, so +1 for them.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Lusso ProGel are brilliant

fubar
    Free Member

Most riders (me included) are too chubby to be allowed out in lycra these days.
    It's just a fashion thing really…boys who want to look like rad skate boys.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

I've got MT500 3/4s,rubbish build quality,rubbish chamois. Just bought some De Marchi bib shorts,well made,comfortable and cheap.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Lusso Pro Gel +1

dickie
    Free Member

Lusso Pro Gel +2

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Is that "Team Inadequate"?

Cycling + just reviewed shorts, if you have any roadie friends ask if they have a copy.

I've found campag lycra good, but expensive, fave lycras at the moment are Giordana. Still wear them under baggies though!

LoCo
    Free Member

Dimarchi trek branded ones, prefer them to my lussos, always worn under fox baggies though 😉

RustySpanner

Bikeradar?

Hundreds of reviews of shorts on there.

For what it's worth, the last lost of Aldi ones were pretty decent. Cheap too.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Another vote for campag lycra, very nice

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Just bought some Giordana silverline bibs, lovely shorts for the money, fit is terrific, pad awesome. No idea on longevity yet though.

I also like Addidas and Pearl Izumi shorts, they seem to hold up well.

Always found enduras and dimarchi to fall apart pronto. Northwave too stretchy to give any support and substandard pads. Cannondale fit is terrible.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Lycra Short Reviews’ is closed to new replies.