• This topic has 11 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by gee.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • LX Disk brake Levers Dual Control – any good?
  • phutureproof
    Free Member

CRC are doing a good deal on F&R LX Disc Brake Levers Dual Control M585 – £17.98 instead of £100!

Are these any good?
    Do you have to use Shimano brakes with them, or could you run, for example, hope type stuff or avid type stuff?

PaulD
    Free Member

Hi there, I have bought a set of these and they are a huge bargain provided you like dual-control. It’s a marmite thing.

As for running non-Shimano hydraulics, forget it.
    They have mineral oil specific seals that will swell up with DOT fluid.
    Since Magura uses mineral oil, in theory you could try it, but Magura usually come as a lever with calliper set.

phutureproof
    Free Member

I see – useful info. Thanks.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

seen the dual control stuff, never ridden it. Whats it like?

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I used to have dual control lx on my scott genius and really miss it. A really simple and easy concept may go back to them on my HT at this price 😀

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Just ordered a set for my spare bike ….. my son runs them and he like them ……. so id thought id give em a go ….. be rude not too at that price !!

Dogsby

I love mine.

Dogsby

Xylene
    Free Member

Love mine.

I was riding my mates bike with standard rapid fire and it was a pain to shift.

Dual control is simple and for me very efficient.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I have old xt dual control and like them very much. The idea is good, they work well IMO, but they never really took off and are very much MTB uncool for some unknown reason.

Xylene
    Free Member

are very much MTB uncool for some unknown reason.

That is why I have them. I was never cool at school.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Need new shifters and for the money I’ll not get even a single one at that quality if the brakes were not atached. and for 17 quid I’ll give them a go. Set ordered.

gee
    Free Member

Great for £17 to stick on a commuter or hack bike.

Personally I hate the things – your brakes feel really mushy an you can’t change gears as quicky as you can with either rapidfire or gripshift. I think Shimano discontinued it for a good reason!

GB

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘LX Disk brake Levers Dual Control – any good?’ is closed to new replies.