Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Luxury Vinyl Tile in a Bathroom
  • woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Ordered a load of Luxury Vinyl Tiling at the weekend – click fit planks that interlock for two bathrooms. Now I’m stressing somewhat that it won’t be waterproof. I can’t see how the water won’t get down through the cracks. I wondered if I could just seal it – but silicone just goes mouldy and I haven’t found anything else online/

With two children our bathrooms tend to be underwater most of the time. Does anyone have any experience with this?

somouk
    Free Member

This sort of stuff is normally plastic based and has a special sealant that you need to use to put it together or you’re right the water will probably just go down the joints.

buenfoxa
    Free Member

Just put some aqua ply under it, if you have the threshold/floor height available? We have kardean in the bathroom – never had a problem.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

We don’t have the floor height unfortunately (which is why I went for LVT over normal tiles). It does seem to be plastic based, with vinyl on top. I can’t find any sealant that is designed for vinyl, they all seem to be for MDF/wood floorings.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Luxury Vinyl Tile in a Bathroom’ is closed to new replies.