Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Luther, Peaky Blinders, Happy Valley, The Fall, Line of Duty, Sherlock…
  • langylad
    Free Member

Just seen the BBC trailer, I take it there is a new series coming for each of them? and not just a ‘look at what we have done in the past’ angle.

StuE
    Free Member

Tried watching Peaky Blinders but just didn’t get it

langylad
    Free Member

Beautifully filmed, scripted, acted, great score and a bit different? My 15 year old was quite taken, as was I

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Sherlock? Season 1 was great. Season 2 started getting a bit loose. And I hate the actor who plays Moriarty (buggered IP Spectre for me too). Season 3 was unwatchable as it was trying so hard to be clever.
    I prefer Elementary. Reasonable TV that doesn’t need 18 months to make a ball sucking 3 episodes.
    If it wasn’t for the Dr Who effect the the show wouldn’t be tolerated.

langylad
    Free Member

Really, really, Elementary? I watched the first episode as Johnny Lee Miller is wonderful in Trainspotting, Regeneration.
    But Elementary?? Really??
    I can understand if you don’t like Sherlock, different strokes and all that, but Elementary????

takisawa2

Luther.
    Can keep the rest.

langylad
    Free Member

Hmm. Luther is very good, probably the best of the lot, but the others aren’t that far behind? Still think the bbc do it better

wallop

Even better than all of them – The Bridge (back on Saturday 8) )

midlifecrashes

They all seem to be stories about people being perfectly beastly to one another. Are there no happy things to write about?

rOcKeTdOg

Pesky blinders was ace, but I did spend my formative years in Small Heath

bigblackshed

The BBC proving yet again why it’s worth the licence fee.

Elementary??? 😕

mtbfix

The only bad thing about Peaky Blinders is the second series not being on Netflix.

langylad
    Free Member

Thanks BBS, not just me who can’t quite understand how someone would think Elementary is better than, well anything.
    Have to say The Bridge (both Scandinavian and English/French versions), was superb. Just worrying the second series will struggle to live up.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I like elementary, but then I also like Sherlock. Very different approaches but both entertaining in their own way.

langylad
    Free Member

As were Simon and Garfunkel, compared with George Michael and Andrew Ridgley. Both entertaining in their own way. But one was still shit 😆

PrinceJohn

Also Peaky Blinders soundtrack – awesomeballs.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Series three of the Bridge tomorrow!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Luther, Peaky Blinders, Happy Valley, The Fall, Line of Duty, Sherlock…’ is closed to new replies.