Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • #Luther
  • Kryton57

Coming soon…. 8)

captainsasquatch
    Free Member
    v8ninety

Excellent! 😆 😆 😆

allthepies
    Free Member

Loofa

stayhigh

New series?

CheesybeanZ

I hope shes back .

Mackem

Nice.

Kryton57

stayhigh – Member
    New series

Yup.

johndoh
    Free Member

I too hope she’s back. #filthythoughts

Kryton57
    rOcKeTdOg

I too hope she’s back. #filthythoughts

she’s been in various states of undress having “the affair” on sky lately

Kryton57

9pm Tuesday, BBC1. Not long now!

maccruiskeen

New series?

Can you call two episodes a ‘series’? 🙂

midlifecrashes

What’s it about?

Kryton57

A man called Luther.

midlifecrashes

Superhero? Cheesemaker? Juggler? Why make a TV series of his story? Give us a clue.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Superhero? Cheesemaker? Juggler? Why make a TV series of his story? Give us a clue.

Makes Guitars?

wrecker
    Free Member

He used to be a drug dealer in the mean streets of baltimore before settling as a detective in London. Has a very saucy murdery girlfriend.

Clobber
    Free Member

He used to be a drug dealer in the mean streets of baltimore before settling as a detective in London.

Don’t forget his stint fighting sea monsters with big robots…

Seriously though, is it worth catching up on the first couple of series first?

DezB
    Free Member

He used to be a drug dealer in the mean streets of baltimore before settling as a detective in London.

With a sideline in bad adverts for Sky products.

maccruiskeen

Detective series with a flawed maverick main character and an interesting relationship with the bad guy girl . First series was the best but they all keep your interest going, its all good refreshingly stylish UK drama but the series are frustratingly short. Its peculiar as the series is obviously a hit and the BBC seems to position it as a flagship but commission very small amounts of it. I don’t know if the limitation is the directions the writers are able to write in, without it going outside of story and characters, or Elba’s availability.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Its peculiar as the series is obviously a hit and the BBC seems to position it as a flagship but commission very small amounts of it. I don’t know if the limitation is the directions the writers are able to write in, without it going outside of story and characters, or Elba’s availability.

Your classic American long series has the obvious filler episodes, you write the story arc for the series and work out how to get from A to B to Gets the Girl, if it goes too long you get A to B C,D,E,F Who was that why are they there etc. before getting bored and not caring about the ending.

The best things leave you wanting more, the rest make you think they put one too many episodes in.

TooTall
    Free Member

Seriously though, is it worth catching up on the first couple of series first?

Very much so. A very good, dark British detective series.

CheesybeanZ

Are you ready ….

Pook

is she dead?

CheesybeanZ

Cannibalistic erotica – who going too Google that first ??

wrightyson
    Free Member

Brutal!!!!!

wrecker
    Free Member

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Great acting, nice pace.

cubist
    Free Member

What was the tune over the closing credits? (Not the Massive Attack theme tune)

beej

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSve0o8xJRQ[/video]

God my Google-fu is good. Skip to about 2:00 to get to the bit on the titles.

wilburt
    Free Member

You know nothing…ok but I dont like the two episode format loved by UK TV, better to wait for the second episode then watch it on a oner.

cubist
    Free Member

God my Google-fu is good. Skip to about 2:00 to get to the bit on the titles.

Thank you kindly.

CheesybeanZ

Just started .

Kryton57

Slightly disappointed.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Have to say I was a little bit too, it was just full on then done.

Kryton57

With 18 minutes to go, I was almost convinced of a shock announcement of a 3rd – finale – part in January. But alas…

BruceWee

I was really confused because for some reason I thought this was going to be the last one ever. At ten minutes to go it seemed like there were far too many loose ends to tie up.

colournoise

Reading between the lines of an interview with Neil Cross, both he and Elba would like to do more – depends on what big movie jobs come along for the actor.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘#Luther’ is closed to new replies.