Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • lupine wilma connector replacement – help!
  • Pippalarge
    Free Member

The connector between my battery and light keeps playing up (when rattled it breaks connection). Contacted Lupine but they want silly money to fix it.

Anyone have DIY experience replacing the connectors? If so which connectors should i use and is it a relatively easy job or one for the experts?

Thanks!

Luminous
    Free Member

Ah, that'll be that legendary Lupine quality then…

Firstly, can I see a picture of the conectors ?, I need to see how many pins are within the connector.

😉

Pippalarge
    Free Member

Ha ha – yep but TBH it's been through three winters of abuse so not too bad…

I'll post a photo when i get home but it's a two pin connector – molex i think??

dmetcalfe
    Free Member

Can you get an extension cable, cut it off, and unsolder the ones with bad connections and resolder the relevant end, or just do both battery and lamp to be sure.

Luminous
    Free Member

If anyone has a spare extension cable, then yes, the connectors from that cable could be scavenged to replace the connectors between battery and light.

PippaLarge.
    yhm

neilb67
    Free Member

Contact Smudge, he maybe able to help you

singlespeedstu

As dmetcalfe said just buy an extension cable and use the ends of that.

Pippalarge
    Free Member

Big thanks to Luminous – i posted the light and he very kindly wired in a new connection from a spare extension cable – top quality workmanship too, the waterproofing and insulation on the new connectors are better than the original Lupine effort! Long live the STW forum!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘lupine wilma connector replacement – help!’ is closed to new replies.