Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Lunch Ideas In or Around Hexham
  • jodafett

My wife and I are staying the night just outside Hexham tomorrow night and are looking for a decent pub or restaurant to have lunch in. We’re not familiar with the area at all so would appreciate any recommendations. Cheers

kevj
    Free Member

Dipton Mill.

The owner (Geoff) runs his own micro brewery for some very tasty real ales and his wife does a lovely meal. Nice area too.

white101

The Rat, Anick. not Alnwick. Just back across the roundabout over the A69

warton
    Free Member

The feathers Inn, Hedley on the hill. Bit of a journey, but more than worth it, stunning. Feathers

Bouchon, french bistro in Hexham Bouchon

Spin
    Free Member

Last time I was in Hexham they had a Greggs you could sit in.

How could you pass that up?

oliverd1981
    Free Member

The Rat would get my vote. Or “The Valley” at Corbrige if curry is your thing.

white101

How could you pass throw that up?

Quite easily….

jodafett

How could you pass throw that up?
    Quite easily….

Nowt wrong wi Greggs (although on this occasion I’m looking for something a wee bit better).

white101

Sorry, I have an allergy to wheat. Though back in the day I loved the chocolate eclairs and doughnuts!

geoffj

The George @ Chollerford is nice.

jodafett

Cheers for the suggestions. Two votes for The Rat but there’s the thought of a Micro brewery tugging at me! Decisions Decisions.

Inbred456
    Free Member

The Rat Inn. Make sure you book up. V good.

dashed
    Free Member

The reputation of the Rat used to change as regularly as the weather when I used to live there – assume it’s goign through a good spell 😆

Another vote for The Feathers – great food and some great local beers – they usually have Mordue or Wylam brewery on tap :o) About 20 mins drive from Hexham but worth it in my opinion.

But would second The Valley in Corbridge for curry – it’s in the old station building so you could get the train from Hexham (depending on where you’re staying).

jodafett

We ended up going to The Rat and it was very good so cheers all that suggested it. Will try Dipton Mill and Feathers the next time.

Cheers

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Lunch Ideas In or Around Hexham’ is closed to new replies.