Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Lunch break running session.
  • onewing
    Free Member

Who on here goes for a run in their lunch break?

What is your distance and how do you get organised etc?

Thanks

djglover
    Free Member

Once a week I block 2 hours out of my diary and do 12 miles at the moment. I can fit the other runs in before and after work or weekends

flap_jack
    Free Member

how much time you got ? if it’s not long then intervals are the only option…

jam-bo

I will do again when I move into an office in sept with a shower. 45min lunch. 20-25 min run, 5k ish, cool down, shower etc. back to work.

06awjudd
    Free Member

I’ve been running for 3 times a week for about 2-3 weeks now. Usually run in the evenings ,but in the mornings at weekends.
    I run about 3.5 miles each session, but started at about 2.5, so pleased with the improvement.
    I will be low on time when it starts getting dark again, so I’ll probably start doing interval training at shorter distances then.

stever
    Free Member

Hill reps 2 mins from work. 800 foot of climbing, absolutely goosed and back in half an hour.

2tyred

Me, twice a week.

Got showers in the basement at work. I change upstairs and stick a bag with my clothes and a towel next to my bike in the basement, then head out sometime between 12 and 1 for anything between 6 and 10k (probably 8 on average). Get back, quick shower & change, upstairs to eat. I keep running shoes and shorts at work, just bring in the rest when its a running day.

vickypea
    Free Member

I used to run 2 or 3 times a week in my lunch break, between 4 and 8 miles off road, depending on time available and my energy levels. It was very convenient having showers in the building where I work, and lots of countryside on the doorstep.
    (Thanks to injuries, I’ve largely given up running but I do more mountain biking instead)

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

I have a recurring meeting every Tuesday that blocks out 90 minutes, which is plenty of time for a session, shower, and lunch.

I run intervals, normally covering 11-12km in total in roughly 50 minutes. Something like 5 * 4 minutes off 2 minutes recovery, up to 3 * 8 minutes.

surfer
    Free Member

We have a Gym in the building so its possible to walk the 100m, get changed, run 6 miles around the park and then get a shower and back to the office.
    My stuff is always in the back of my car but the the pressure of work mean it usually stays there!
    Normally get out for a run after work though.

petrieboy

8-12k 3 times a week previously, but ironman training now so down to one or two runs with swim and turbo sessions the other days.
    Stretch at your desk so you are ready to rock. Kit well organized. After a quick shower I blast my feet with very cold water to cool me down quickly.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Yep… going out on a 10 miler today with a couple of the other lads here.

Along embankment, through horse guards parade, up the Mall and Constitution Hill then a clockwise loop around Hyde Park and retrace our route back to the wobbly bridge.

Looking forward to it, the Sun is bright and that cold easterly has dropped (it was a killer on Tuesday coming back from the MI6 building on my normal 10k loop along the Thames)

IanMunro
    Free Member

I try and do three times a week at lunch roughly 4 miles each time – no real structure apart from the aim of trying to beat my time on a strava segment. We have cyclist changing rooms and showers at work so I make use of them.

stever
    Free Member

Back now. That last climb was unpleasant 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Lunch break running session.’ is closed to new replies.