Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Lump in my arm, will I die?
  • eugeo81
    Free Member

Had a fall about 4 weeks ago and hit my ulna bone (Between wrist and elbow) about half way down. Had it checked over that day by a nurse friend she seemed to think it was ok, movement fine etc. I just put the pain down to badly bruised bone. 4 weeks on still hurts a bit and I have a nice lump under the skin by it still and also hand hurts a bit too. Is it normal or will I die? Worth going to have checked out or should I just MTFU?

paddy0091
    Free Member

Go and see your GP.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Yes you are going to die. You will die very soon too (on a geological timescale)

eugeo81
    Free Member

I will book myself in to see my GP on monday then 😉

I always dread seeing my GP after he burnt my foot with dry ice while attempting to remove a verruca when I was a kid.. ended up in A&E 12hrs after with the worlds largest blister, that and he has a haircut like James Brown!

Time to get myself a new GP too I think 😆

cheekyboy
    Free Member

You may already be dead ……

hora
    Free Member

Is it coloured in anyway? I had a lump when I snapped my arm clean through.the blood pooled at the base of my elbow.

Could be a minor pool of blood from surrounding trauma

watsontony
    Free Member

Is it left arm or right? If left you ARE going to die.

eugeo81
    Free Member

Left, so not looking good eh!

No discolouration to arm or bruising showing. Did you have any meds to sort the pooled blood Hora?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Sounds like the lump is trauma and is putting pressure on the ulnar nerve. I clipped a tee last Christmas with my hands and snapped part of my ulnar nerve in my hand, I had a totally numb but functional little finger for about 10 months.

kayak23

I’ve just been reading an article charting mortality rates amongst people with lumps in their left wrists. Was interesting stuff and you never know, you may end up amongst the 3% who don’t die..

watsontony
    Free Member

OP can i have your bike? (when you die)

aracer
    Free Member

you may end up amongst the 3% who don’t die..

I’d love to meet one of those.

eugeo81
    Free Member

Ouch!

Been googling about the lump tonight (I know you should not self diagnose as it usually will tell you everything is fatal haha) but from what I can work out you are right, its a trauma, aka hematoma and can take a while to go.. I’m gonna go see the doc on monday and see what he says/can give me anything for it.

eugeo81
    Free Member

watsontony, its only an Inbred, its nowt special 😆

watsontony
    Free Member

watsontony, its only an Inbred, its nowt special

🙄

watsontony
    Free Member

i have thought about it and i would still be happy to have it when you die. should i collect monday? maybe its best you give me your wifes mobile number then i can arrange collection. Thanks

scaled
    Free Member

I thought you were only after his bike?!

eugeo81
    Free Member

tbh I think my OH would be claiming dibs on it I reckon! She steals it enough, I even built her a bike to stop her using it and that did not work. 😆

hora
    Free Member

It disipaited on its own accord with time.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

It’ll just be a **** off big haematoma (bruise). I crashed heavily at Woburn before Christmas when I hit the ground I thought I was leaving in an ambulance, was okay but even now I have a lump to the right hand side of my knee and it’s really sore and painful to touch. Dr basically made me feel like a muppet for going to see them! But not ever had one that has lasted that long before. I dislike GP’s!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Lump in my arm, will I die?’ is closed to new replies.