Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Lumilite have nicked my photo
  • trout
    Free Member

I have just had this pointed out to me one of my beam shot photos
    on their website and it is not even the DX bastid light shot
    cos this is

do they owe me some dosh now

M6TTF
    Free Member

I'd be asking them to take it down pronto.

al_f
    Free Member

Are you sure it's the same photo? The trees in the background look different to me, there's no shadow on the middle back of the path in their shot and the exposures are quite different unless they've photoshopped it.

leffeboy

looks like a different shot to me. Tree in the middle doesn't have the same branches across it

andyl46
    Free Member

Different photo, bush on RHS is different, you have light from the sky theirs doesn't.

carlosg
    Free Member

The website beam shot is from one of trouts lights , the shot he's posted is the dx/lumilite/bastid

trout
    Free Member

Carlosq has it right it is one of my shot but not even the shot I took of the bastid light .

Not sure which shot as I have so many in those woods

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Send them an invoice for the use of the photo.

If the photo they have used is not of the light they are advertising then you could go for getting them into trouble with the various official bodies but me I'd just send 'em a big invoice.

wwaswas

what TJ said – invoice for use of image to date + a request to take it down asap

tails
    Free Member

yeah get some dosh, how crap is that to steal a mans photo.

brant
    Free Member

how crap is that to steal a mans photo.

How crap is it to steal ANOTHER LIGHT MANUFACTURERS photo.

grantway
    Free Member

Get them to take it down But if they have taken there light
    to the same place (hard to believe) you cant say nothing
    unless its was taken on your land without your permission.

Kahurangi

* cease & desist
    * damages
    * misrepresentation
    * fraud
    * consumer protection

blah blah blah. Get them by the balls, or at least some dosh out of them.

richcc
    Free Member

So what's the executive summary with Lumilite? They buy DX lights and sell them to punters who know no better for 60% more using a shonky website? Is that the business model?

(Bgger! – wish I'd thought of that – 🙁 No need to buy in bulk as DX have improved their delivery, operate a bit of a kanban system and order a few more when you are down to your last couple – money for old rope)

Luminous
    Free Member

Goodness me. Thats really bad !.

I reckon its one of your photos, but that its been photoshopped.

I would hope that the law is on your side, but actually getting anything done about it ?.

Well, you can only try. On principal I hope you sort it to your satisfaction.

Can't believe it 🙄

Reckon its worth an STW boycott myself.

Good Luck

L.

the-muffin-man

Post deleted, coz I did a reading of the thread FAIL!

Sorry Trout

trout
    Free Member

TMM no I am saying the top shot is a shot I took of the Bastid

they have used another shot from my collection as a bastid beamshot

Euro
    Free Member

That's awful. I hope you sue them, they go bust and all their employees die. In protest i'm gonna turn off all the lights in the house for 20 seconds. Who's with me?

onewheelgood

Trout, people seem to have trouble reading what you wrote. I'll try to explain.
    Lumilite have used what looks like one of Trout's pics to advertise their DX light. But the pic they have used is not of the DX beam, but of a Trout light beam. Trout has posted the real picture of the DX beam, showing that it is less bright than his light. When he wrote 'cos this is', followed by a picture, what he meant was 'I know that the picture they have used does not show the DX beam, because the picture immediately following these words is of the DX beam and is clearly different from the one on Lumilite's site'

Hope this helps.

SSBonty
    Free Member

trout – post a pic of one of your lights beamshots in those woods so people can see what you mean – at the moment it's a little ambiguous (they've used your beamshot but NOT your beamshot of the DX light)…

SSBonty
    Free Member

Or, what he just said!

trout
    Free Member

ok I think it is this shot

resized to this one

[IMG]http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa46/amticoman/DX%20LIGHT/lumilite.jpg[/IMG]

AND IT IS A lIBERATOR SHOT 👿

gwaelod
    Free Member

Trout

Where have they get the picture from…is it on a flikr site somewhere with a creative commons licence, in which case AIUI anyone can use it for anything. If it is your pic and they have used it without your permission then ask for advice on the Talk Photography forums…(it's a photogs version of STW). They'll sort you out for legal advice, appropriate rates to claim etc.

trout
    Free Member

It is on my photobucket account but will have been posted on numerous forums in the past .

I am not over bothered but for the fact it is not a Magicshine beam so false infomation

gwaelod
    Free Member

Ah – Photobucket – I'm not familiar with that but

Terms & Conditions – my bold – is this relevant?

6.1 Photobucket does not claim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") that you post on or through the Photobucket Services. By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the Photobucket Services, you hereby grant to Photobucket and other users a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide, limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate such Content, including without limitation distributing part or all of the Site in any media formats through any media channels, except Content marked "private" will not be distributed outside the Photobucket Services. Photobucket and/or other Users may copy, print or display publicly available Content outside of the Photobucket Services, including without limitation, via the Site or third party websites or applications (for example, services allowing Users to order prints of Content or t-shirts and similar items containing Content). After you remove your Content from the Photobucket Website we will cease distribution as soon as practicable, and at such time when distribution ceases, the license to such Content will terminate. If after we have distributed your Content outside the Photobucket Website you change the Content’s privacy setting to "private," we will cease any further distribution of such "private" Content outside the Photobucket Website as soon as practicable.

gwaelod
    Free Member

It is on my photobucket account but will have been posted on numerous forums in the past .

I am not over bothered but for the fact it is not a Magicshine beam so false infomation

fair point…it might be a "mistake" on their part…I'm sure they'll quickly correct when you point it (and this thread) out to them – but do some screengrabs of their website with your image on it before you point it out. If they are using it to make a false claim re effectiveness of lights I'm sure trading standards would be interested too. Consider they may also be using your image in printed material as well.

There is a bit of software somewhere that examines your jpgs, and then searches the internet to see if someone else is using your jpg…can't remember where I've seen it now.

Ti29er
    Free Member

If any company uses an image of mine without payment or a credit or permission, then an invoice follows very quickly followed by small claims court action as required.

I notice it's happed with Jack White, the US military, of all institutions, used one of his songs in the US Superbowl commercials without his knowledge and he's hopping mad – not helped by the fact that he's against the war!

Claiming one things when it's another is a misrepresenation of the facts and it's an offence. Your local Trading Standards can avise you if you wished to use this as part of your court case.

Ah! Just seen the post above in the typing-time. You uploaded it and they can use it by the look of the terms and conditions.
    Best to contact them me thinks!

gwaelod
    Free Member

Ti29er – Member

If any company uses an image of mine without payment or a credit or permission, then an invoice follows very quickly followed by small claims court action as required.

oh yes definitely – so would I…but you need to be careful when using photohosting sites that you aren't inadvertently granting permission for someone to use it.

Ti29er
    Free Member

TINEYE
    Bam!
    Blow!
    Biff!

Typing that crosses in the time it takes to type!

Here's your software, as requested, Sir. You could also look into watermarking your images.

Bez

[Edit] Doh. Was making a point about misrepresentation and then noticed I'd skimmed over the same point earlier in the thread.

Bez

Wow. Photobucket's T&Cs have put my jaw on the floor somewhat. Upload an image and kiss goodbye to your rights. So there's your invoice up in smoke.

Anyway – awesome, I'm off to get some stock for print work…

Bez

I notice also that Photobucket have a big section of Hello Kitty images. So I'm allowed to use any Hello Kitty images on there for any purpose, am I? I think not.

The next bit of their T&Cs is:

"6.2 You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the Photobucket Services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, (ii) the posting and use of your Content on or through the Photobucket Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person, and (iii) the posting of your Content on the Site does not result in a breach of contract between you and a third party. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of Content you post on or through the Photobucket Services."

Right, so no-one's allowed to upload Hello Kitty images. Yet they actively promote them.

Are they on crack?

naokfreek
    Free Member

It would seem so…

toys19
    Free Member

onewheelgood – Member

Trout, people seem to have trouble reading what you wrote. I'll try to explain.
    Lumilite have used what looks like one of Trout's pics to advertise their DX light. But the pic they have used is not of the DX beam, but of a Trout light beam. Trout has posted the real picture of the DX beam, showing that it is less bright than his light. When he wrote 'cos this is', followed by a picture, what he meant was 'I know that the picture they have used does not show the DX beam, because the picture immediately following these words is of the DX beam and is clearly different from the one on Lumilite's site'

Hope this helps.

Onewheelgood, I hope your premier membership was bestowed as an honorary award as you are prince among men, succinct funny and useful. How many threads do I read where I think 99 % of the posts are showing us that the poster either hasn't read the OP correctly or just cant read or is just a moron. I await some further responses to prove me right..

Bez

To be fair, at least I'm discouraged from trawling for stock by the fact that it's an utterly horrible site. Pages with white text on yellow backgrounds, purple text on blue backgrounds, and it's the slowest-rendering site I've seen in a loooong time. Virtually unusable on a netbook.

I'm mystified by all their blatant copyright abuses though. Section upon section of copyrighted material uploaded by all sorts of users, all promoted in labelled sections by Photobucket.

Surely any lawyer with even one active brain cell could take down the whole thing tomorrow and rape them senseless for damages.

0091paddy
    Free Member

Cheek of it, not only are they ripping people off with 'their' lights, but also stealing peoples photos.

smudge
    Free Member

Case of fraud as well? because their beam shot is of one of youre Liberators and not a lumilite as suggested. Total diferent lights.

I'd be emailing/phoning them or trading standards??

Bet the picture of their unit isnt theirs either!

Smudge

trout
    Free Member

I have mailed them and this is the reply

Dear Chris,

All the shots we have used on our site were from a huge selection sent into
    us by our customers.

I don't know from what source these came but i will check and come back to
    you.

Can you please tel me more about the shot just in case the source is adamant
    it came from them?

Many thanks

Lumilite

I wonder how many people could find my beamshot location from the pictures

smudge
    Free Member

huge collection? theres only 2 beamshots on the site ?!

Did you send them youre original?

trout
    Free Member

I sent a link to the original Liberator shot and also a link to the magicshine bastid beam shot

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Lumilite have nicked my photo’ is closed to new replies.