Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lumilight-to buy or not to buy?
  • grizzer
    Free Member

Can anyone tell about these lights, good and bad? the nearly half price offer almost seems too good to be true!

Del

you'll get them quicker from those guys, but if you're not in too much of a hurry, get them cheaper again from dealextreme.com

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Aye, same light as the dealextreme one … it all depends if you consider £30 extra worthwhile to get them quicker and (hopefully) have a full years warranty from a UK company.

As for the lights, I can't fault them so far, seem well made and an awful lot of light for the money … mine came from lumilite BTW.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grizzer
    Free Member

cheers guys i think it might be worth the extra 30£ incase of any warranty probs…

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Dealextreme's warranty is very good.

My first set was replaced with no issues.

The only problem is the time it takes to get here from Hong Kong.

Regards

grizzer
    Free Member

How long roughly?

40mpg

I got some lumilites. The battery wouldnt charge properly, i emailed them and they sent another battery next day. Told me to keep the old one as a spare.

Still didnt work, so they are now sending me a new charger. Hopefully this will sort it, plus i've got a spare battery 🙂

Proper service from a British company

40mpg

I ordered a load of stuff from dx in October, took about 5 weeks.

Lumilite take about 3 days (plus they got a load of new stock last monday)

Come to think of it, i'm still waiting for a clamp from dx, but it was only £2 so hardly worth chasing.

Del

there was a big backlog, but orders have come through recently. average is a couple of weeks. i've had cause to use dx's warranty system on other products and had no issues. once proof of post was sent they sent replacements.

Johnboy373
    Free Member

I ordered my light from DX I ended up having to cancel order due to them being out of stock. Pitty it didnt tell me that when ordering them!!!!

I bought mine from bestofferbuy.com were shipped within 24hours!! Got them about 8 days laters £50.

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

About 3 week turn around from notice until delivery.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I'd advise anyone thinking of buying a Lumilite light to watch this post for updates.

I ordered a light a few weeks ago. I saw the transaction on my bill/statement but had to ring them to chase them up since nothing had turned up over a week later. The light had not even gone in the post. To be fair the guy was polite and apologetic and the light turned up the next day.

I took the light out in the snowy darkness and was on the whole impressed, but the connection between the battery and the light was not right and would come undone when riding. Not good.

I rang the 0870 number on their website and after leaving a couple of messages with people who don't even seem to work for Lumilite, the main guy did eventually call me back. Another week or so has passed at this stage. Again he was polite and apologetic and restored my faith when he offered to send out a new unit with a postage-paid envelope to return the faulty one.

Another week had passed and still no replacement and no communication. The 0870 number is not even being answered and I'm left with a light that is not up to the job.

I positively encourage the entrepreneurial spirit and I have nothing against someone importing something (the DX light) and selling it on at a profit. That's how the global economy works, right? However, compared with the service levels offered by CRC, Merlin, Wiggle et al this is not good enough.

I have restrained from making this post without giving Lumilite a fair chance, but make up your own mind. I hope there is a happy ending to this.
    🙁

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lumilight-to buy or not to buy?’ is closed to new replies.