Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lumicyle XPG upgrade… worth it still? Lumi SYS4 Can it be trouted??
  • Gnnr

Has anyone sent their lamp back for the XPG upgrade? I have a SYS4 from a few years ago, thinking about the XPG upgrade but with crop of magicshines / gloworms X2 I’m wondering if my money would be better spent elsewhere.

Or can trout turbo charge my SYS4 for the same ££?

G

trout
    Free Member

can’t seem to find owt about upgrading em

Linky please

tonyg2003

Yep I got mine upgraded. I find lumicycles very reliable, bright with the XPG and I have all the ret of the battery etc… Set up. Hence id recommend it.

Gnnr

Hi Trout, not sure if there is a link but I did speak to them about an upgrade service, If I remember correctly they would put their latest LED’s (XPG) in my SYS4 for around £95.

They said it would need new LED’s and driver etc, (included in the £95 cost). Does this sound reasonable? I’m not sure if this would give me a comparable lamp, with one of the current systems out at the mo.

trout
    Free Member

That’s a pretty pricy upgrade but as I can’t seem to find what is in your existing light
    it’s hard to give an opinion .

but it does use standard stuff so a swop out of the driver and led / optics and replace with Xmls
    new driver and probably switch I guess I could come in a fair bit under that price

and you would then get a measured possible high beam of 2600 lumens. with a pretty nice beam pattern.

Gnnr

Hi Trout, sorry I got my wires crossed…
    Thought you meant a link to the upgrade offer.

I can’t find a link on Lumi’s page for the SYS 4 anymore.
    Here is a link to a old review:
    LINKY – muddy moles

The head unit is based on 4 Cree XRE-R2 LEDs currently. I’d be Very interested in sending it your way if its an option. Cheers G

Gnnr

YGM – Mr T

tonyg2003

Hi that’s my Moles blog! Contact lumicycle and see what they say too.

Gnnr

Hey Tony, hope you don’t mind me referencing your MM blog. Nice write up/review, it was very influential in my light choice at the time.

I did contact Lumi last year, fairly sure it was around the £95 mark IIRC. I doubt if thats changed as their current light is still the XPG model.

If Trout can so anything with it I guess that would offer much more “bang per buck”… I’ll keep you posted!

tonyg2003

Hi. It’s always great to see that someone – anyone! – has found the lights review useful.

We are just getting organised for this year’s light review. We like to focus on UK suppliers so maybe even a Troutie light this year.

Mugboo

He’s just turned my Hope R4 into a TRout4.

From 1000 to 1800 lumens 🙂

Gnnr

Mugboo – that’s interesting, I have similar hopes for my Lumi sys4!

Just out of interest what did the Trout upgrade set you back?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lumicyle XPG upgrade… worth it still? Lumi SYS4 Can it be trouted??’ is closed to new replies.