Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Luke Shaw
  • geoffj

Heal quickly lad !

irelanst
    Free Member

It was an awful challenge. Shame because he started the season well.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Not nice to see.

mrhoppy

That doesn’t look at all good. 🙁

wanmankylung
    Free Member

What happened?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just seen a tweet from anthony joshua wishing him well. Broken leg I presume?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Shaw was carried off on a stretcher while receiving oxygen after a tackle from behind by Hector Moreno in the 15th minute. United confirmed the left-back’s injury was incredibly serious after the match.

A United spokesperson said: “Luke Shaw has suffered a double fracture of the leg.”

Shaw will now be transferred to Manchester to be operated on.

With the score at 0-0, the United left-back was the subject of a sliding tackle by Hector Moreno in the 15th minute of the group stage match in Holland. Replays showed Moreno had swept both of Shaw’s feet from underneath him and his right foot lay at an angle, which indicated a break.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Double fracture.
    And even if I could actually post pictures the one I’ve just seen wouldn’t have been posted 😐

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Saw a clip of the challenge on Twitter. The PSV player made on those scissors challenges – looked a pretty shitty tackle to me anyway. Poor chap must have been in some pain. 😐

beagle
    Free Member

And another studs up lunge later on which actually brought about a card too. Again, knew exactly what he was doing.

muggomagic

Feel really sorry for Shaw. Really was beginning to look a decent player, especially after the flack he copped last season. Hopefully comes back as quickly as possible.
    When I saw it first time I didn’t think it was a bad challenge and I think the slow motion makes it seem worse. Looked as though it was just unfortunate and that the PSV players knee/leg from the non tackling leg (if that makes sense) contacts Shaw’s as it is planted from his changing direction and with it baring his weight his foot doesn’t give way in the turf so the leg does.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Luke Shaw’ is closed to new replies.