Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Lugless 26" rigid forks
  • agentorange71
    Free Member

Bagged an old (2002?) SC Chameleon frame and intend to transfer as many components as possible over from my old Orange P7 to build a hack. Something I can have a bit of fun on and also use when riding out with the family. Seems overkill taking my new XC bike.

I’m trying to do it cheaply so am stuck with V-brakes as rear wheel isn’t setup for disc and frame has v-brake lugs. Buying a new wheelset isn’t in the plans.

I fancy rigid forks for this bike and I’m also not bothered about running a front brake. Race for many a season in BMX BITD without one but unfortunately can’t find one.

Is anyone aware of a lugless 26″ rigid fork? Or should I just get disc mount rigid?

Cheers

cynic-al
    Free Member

What do you mean by lugless?

V-brake compatible? OR “without lugs?”?

agentorange71
    Free Member

Without lugs. ie. Clean, smooth.

ie. like this but in 26″. I’ve seen some but they look a bit weedy next to a Chameleon frame.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/blank-expression-lite-bmx-forks/rp-prod65175?_$ja=tsid:46412|cgn:Blank+-+Forks|cn:Chain+Reaction-UK-PLA-PLA-All-DT-SE|kw:245951UK_Blank+Expression+Lite+BMX+Forks&gclid=CJjoic2gzrkCFW_HtAod5lAAhg

cynic-al
    Free Member

Most 26″ mtb unicrown forks are lugless.

NOt all take V-brakes tho.

agentorange71
    Free Member

Sorry my initial post wasn’t very clear. My fault. I’m looking for 26″ forks without lugs for v-brakes AND no disc mounts either.

jameso

Look up some fixie freestyle forks. Mostly 700c, may be long enough with enough tyre room for a 26×2″, just. Brick lane bikes, ebay etc. SE do a 700c landing gear fork.

bigblackshed

SE Racing Landing Gear, Charge Scissor or Nozzle, Identiti Rebate, Kona Project.

rOcKeTdOg

Buy cheap 2nd hand v brake forks, cut “lugs” off, it’s a hack afterall

aphex_2k
    Free Member

So you dont want a front brake? ?

wwaswas

Something I can have a bit of fun on and also use when riding out with the family

I can see not having a front brake making family outings fun for everyone as they see you hurtling downhill trying to scrub off speed with a trainer applied to your front tyre…

globalti
    Free Member

Some people will go to any lengths to be different….

Did a road ride with a fixie rider Saturday and what a pain in the wotsit… he never stopped evangelising about singlespeed and rubbishing our compacts.

agentorange71
    Free Member

jameso and bigblackshed – Thanks very much – Charge Nozzle looks ideal especially with the removable v-brake mounts. Could always use them just to placate aphex_2k and wwaswas 😉 🙂

Is not running a front brake deemed to be different? I don’t think I ran a front brake on any of my bikes from about 1980-1995. Only when I got my first MTB did I ride with two brakes.

Fixies? I’m with you there though. 🙂 Compact on my road bike.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Did a road ride with a fixie rider Saturday and what a pain in the wotsit… he never stopped evangelising about singlespeed and rubbishing our compacts.

It was probably to drown out the irritating clunking and clicking of poorly maintained drive trains.

😆

jameso

Is not running a front brake deemed to be different?

Ignore the genre regs. Do what you like.. but yeah, MTBs that aren’t DJ bikes with 1 brake are rare, for a reason ) old chameleon tho, awesome bike. Still got my old ~98 version, pre-discs, cracked but kept as a reminder of good times when the scared got air.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Lugless 26" rigid forks’ is closed to new replies.