Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Lufthansa excitement.
  • globalti
    Free Member

Out in the garden enjoying the sunny evening and a 747 came over very low, heading SE towards Manchester, streams of fuel being dumped from both wingtips. We are not accustomed to big aircraft so we all went out and pointed at it. Straight on FlightRadar24 and we see that it’s LH404 from Frankfurt to New York, which has gone out over Galloway then done a quick turn over the sea and headed straight back. It was at 6000 feet over us here near Blackburn. It landed 10 minutes later straight in and stopped mid-runway. Immediately Twatter is alight with reports of a fire alarm in the front wheel bay and a full emergency at Manchester. However everything seems to be OK and I bet they’re refuelling and re-heating the frankfurters for the evening meal service.

Back to picking tomatoes now. Hey ho.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Not as exciting as Concorde over Clapham, and that was every day!
    Bloody Frogs…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’ve always wondered – where does the dumped fuel end up? A long flammable trail across the countryside, or dispersed in the air?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ve always wondered – where does the dumped fuel end up?

It gets canned and sold to binners.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Recently upgraded my flightradar24 app to the paid version so I can point my phone at planes to see where they have been/going to.

I do get some odd looks filming the sky.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

What coloured anorak do you have?

DickBarton

Probably high-viz yellow…

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Recently upgraded my flightradar24 app to the paid version so I can point my phone at planes to see where they have been/going to.

I like the idea of that! Does it work on the runway? A quick sprint and clamber aboard?

globalti
    Free Member

Yebbut don’t try to cling to the outside of the aircraft – they won’t open the door and let you in.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

A quick sprint and clamber aboard?

A quick aim and fire

RickDraper
    Free Member

Questionable wheel well temperatures.

Oh suburbanreuben, you talking about days like these:

GOOD TIMES.

ElShalimo

Is that a tiny can or are your hands huge?

peajay

Right into flightradar24 at the moment, had no coverage locally so I applied to flightradar24 to host their equipment and they sent me out the gear to do it, now no more black spot where I live, tracking upto 400 aircraft per day and getting upto 46000 hits to my antenna per day!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Lufthansa excitement.’ is closed to new replies.