Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lucky ebay purchases (and a subsequent dilemma)
  • aracer
    Free Member

Bought a Humax PVR on ebay. Listed as faulty due to regular locking up, hence paid rather less for it than fully functional ones go for (I already have one of the same model with a dodgy tuner, so didn’t care as long as it had a working one of those to swap in). It turns out it had the original firmware from 2008, and on flashing it with the latest version it works perfectly and is as good as new 🙂

So instead of swapping the parts I’m now wondering whether to just make a bit of money re-selling it as fully functional and wait for another faulty one to replace my tuner with, or simply make my money back selling my original as faulty.

Just felt the need to share, but wondered if anybody else had bought something on ebay which turned out to be better than expected.

shifter
    Free Member

Had stuff better than expected. Bought an Arva backpack from Snowsafe recently and they’d chucked in a first aid kit – nice touch!

takisawa2

Despatched an ex to pick up a new tool box once. She even phoned, moaning about the size/weight. When I opened the box there were four of them. 🙂

Bought a few items off here & when they’ve arrived they have been far better than described.

kayak23

Well my Mega was brand spanking, in the box new. Got it for £400 from bike shop employee..
    Bargain. 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

weigh up hassle, waiting time and costs.

simples.

DrP

I’d stick your busted one on eBay…
    Or… Find a mate who is less well off than you, and flog it to them for what you got it for??

That will make you happier than the few extra quid you’d get an most likely ‘waste’ (if you’re anything like me…)

DrP

cloudnine
    Free Member

How much profit from reselling?

tang
    Free Member

Large online/high st PC retailer sent me a new MacBook Pro instead of a MacBook. it was replacing a MacBook(sold as display model) that turned out to be a repaired one with no warrenty with apple when it died after 3 months. I did think about informing them of the mistake, but strangely it slipped my mind.

mrmoofo

Sooner or later something has to come along better than the Humax … it doesn’t update without using a memory stick, the interface is rubbish, and the remote is way too slow …
    Sell both of them …. 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lucky ebay purchases (and a subsequent dilemma)’ is closed to new replies.