Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Lucky b*stard content: Lake Tahoe question
  • rhayter

I’m going to have a day to ride at Lake Tahoe next June in the middle of a holiday with Mrs H. Now, I’ve wanted to ride the Flume Trail since I first saw pics of the views as a teenager. So that’s a done deal. My question is will the Tahoe Rim trail be a good addition? Anyone with any experience of either/both? I don’t want anything too technical as I don’t want to risk a broken leg for the rest of the holiday…

trail_rat
    Free Member

which day .

the (bike accessable parts of the) TRT is only open to bikes on set days of the week.

http://flumetrailtahoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/map-2015.jpg

good map – we did tahoe meadows all the way down to spoonerlake and the back along the flume.

well worth it . Worth noting that flumetrail bikes bikes were not easily swapable to euro brakes – the trails are not all that technical so we just rode them with back to front brakes – the Spesh hardtails are more than adaquate for battering down them trails with gusto – great fun.

dunno if that will show its off me facebook

ps44
    Free Member

We were there in August 2014. I rented from here http://flumetrailtahoe.com/bike-rentals/ which is right at the start of the flume trail – which is amazingly scenic. You can either take the shuttle up and ride down (which actually has a decent climb at the start of the ride) or ride up and down which is a 50km 1000m climb ride, took me about 3 hours. Completely non technical but a balls out climb in places.
    I rode several other days on bits of the rim trail north of the lake. There’s some great wooded singletrack either side of Brockway summit, but it did take me a while to find my way around – get it right and you can string together 30 mins of downhill through the woods.

rhayter

That’s really helpful guys, thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Lucky b*stard content: Lake Tahoe question’ is closed to new replies.