Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Luckily unlucky
  • naokfreek
    Free Member

Going up towards the end of Fenchurch Street today i observed a man upon a fold up bike, a bigger type with front suspension just coming to a halt to merge into traffic(although there was none), and bang!! his frame snapped clean in half..he fell into a heep in the road, asked him if he was ok..yes he is, looked at bike and the main weld near where the hinge part is had completely given way…he said 'well that's not supposed to happen', picked up the the two cable joined parts and walked off down the road, probably very pissed off…I did laugh, more in astonishment than anything else but had it happened on a busy road…could have been messy… just thought i would share that is it's my first frame snapping experience in any way 😯

sweepy
    Free Member

he said 'well that's not supposed to happen', picked up the the two cable joined parts and walked off down the road,

I love this kind of unflappable understatement 🙂

naokfreek
    Free Member

I think that was the best bit, just carried on! I've no idea how far he had to go or anything…made me chuckle i have to say.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    epicyclo

What make was it?

(Nice to know what to avoid)

naokfreek
    Free Member

Not sure , big and shit is as good as it's gonna get i'm afraid, i reckon it had at least 24" wheels and looked like a heap of shit anyway…our meeting was rather brief…I don't think anyone here would ride one…put it that way 😉

oh and he was in a full suit and shoes with a ' please don't run me over' cover on his backpack.

Not really into it but it gets him home vibe…i think.

romster
    Free Member

good to see he's still alive and living the foldable dream! – clicky

naokfreek
    Free Member

Aye Bromptons are cool as they go but this was clearly not in the same league…birdy is the shit by all accounts 🙄

njee20
    Free Member

I saw a chap on a folding bike (traditional 20" wheel job) approaching some traffic lights in Guildford town centre. As he braked his handlebars folded, and he went down with them, still holding on more or less until his face hit the front wheel.

You've never seen anyone leap up so fast and try and escape!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Luckily unlucky’ is closed to new replies.