Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Lubricating Brake Pistons
  • Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Magura Louise Fr

Both front and rear, one piston not retracting properly. I've bled them, cleaned with the correct brake fluid, pumped/pushed back in several times and stil getting brake drag on one side.

Was thinking of buying sone 3-in-1 silicone spay lube (states synthetic and safe on rubber), removing pads, pumping pistons out a bit and giving it a good spary.

Good idea or not?

cheers in advance for any tips

PL

Taff
    Free Member

I get this. The silicone will be fne on the seals but may interact with the fluid probably not worth it. Whe n you serviced then and replaced the seals did you wipe some fluid around the rings before re-inserting? Do you have a plastic filler piece that you can use instead of pads? If so put in an oil bath of fluid and pump [plastic piece will stops pistons popping]. May help but can't guarantee

Onzadog
    Free Member

On a mineral oil brake like these, just use some of the oil you filled them with to lube the pistons. With DOT brakes, I use Finish Line stanchion lube.

There's a silicon gel you get from diving shops for the o-ring seals. I've been told that works well also.

hoochylala
    Free Member

When I had a sticky piston on my Formula Oro K18's I used some Castrol red rubber grease as advised on here. Sorted the problem out. Think i got 100gs of the stuff from eBay for about £3.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I can't honestly remember last time the seals were reaplced in the calipers, so doing that is probably a good place to start?

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

What brakes as a matter of interest? (My LX are terrible for it when it's wet and gritty). o–oops just saw your first line!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Lubricating Brake Pistons’ is closed to new replies.