• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by tlr.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • l'Tour, l'MUG OF TEA
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

dave360
    ohnohesback
    Free Member

Well if Evans wants to win he’ll have to attack in the mountains as Wiggo has the beating of him in the ITT. I do wonder about Sky’s tactics. In going so hard so soon they may wear themselves out. Evans seems to be able to attack on the final steep gradients and from what I wsaw Wiggo had a hard time covering the moves.

It’s still a long way to Paris…

martymac

@ dave360
    i genuinely lol’d at that.
    yeah, its still a long way to go, and we havent really seen wiggo cope with an actual attack on a big climb yet.
    hope he manages to win like, be good to see a brit win it.

warton
    Free Member

Evans, Nibili and VDB have to attack him, and attack him relentlessly if any of them want to win. Simple as that. Sky look strong, but it’s up tot he others to try and break them.

RickyRah
    Free Member

I’m really looking forward to the next couple of stages. Tomorrow’s stage should be a cracker. I really hope that VDB can make an impact on the race.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Other worry for Cadel is that Froome could make 2nd then he has 2 to worry about

glenh
    Free Member

Evans, Nibili and VDB have to attack him, and attack him relentlessly if any of them want to win. Simple as that. Sky look strong, but it’s up tot he others to try and break them.

I wonder what sky will do if they do attack hard on the big mountains.
    Keep Froome with Wiggo to help him, or send Froome after/with them to try to keep his top 3 place?

p.s. lol @ dave360

ohnohesback
    Free Member

It depeneds on the state of Wiggo. As with Ulrich v Riis in ’96 sometimes you have to abandon the senior rider for a promising junior candidate for yellow.

FuzzyWuzzy

Assuming Wiggins doesn’t have a bad day and crack at any point I think he’ll just worry about marking Evans. Unless Nibali + someone like Chavanel go clear in the same group he doesn’t have to worry about anyone else. He obviously can’t allow Nibali to gain minutes but Nibali isn’t that sort of climber anyway and assuming Froome/Porte/Rogers get over the climbs with Wiggins then they can chase down on the flats. The only real worry would be a tough climb followed by a technical descent straight to the finish, not sure if there is one like that this year but that’s the only way Nibali has a chance of gaining enough time on Wiggins.
    As long as Wiggins only needs to mark Evans then Sky’s job is fairly straight-forward (though by no means easy), they can even send Froome after Evans if Wiggins struggles

tlr

Surely Sky should send Froome on the attack so BMC et al have to chase him down, giving the rest of sky a bit of a break and making the others do some work.

Great position for Sky to be in.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘l'Tour, l'MUG OF TEA’ is closed to new replies.