Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • LT Hardtail frame options
  • tymbian
    Free Member

If one was looking for a steel frame with the slack front of say the Ragley pig x, Commie Ramones, Sanderson Blitz but wanted shorter chainstays is the NS Surge ones only option?

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Production privee Shan is 420mm steel slack 65-66deg but pricey at £550
    . Dialled and Cotic similar I think c 420-425mm
    Saving up for Shan for next production dates jun 2013.
    Richard

souldrummer
    Free Member

My Mk 1 Dialled Alpine with Marzocchi 150mm forks on is slack enough to be called ‘the longest bike in the world’ by some of my riding buddies!!

Rickos
    Free Member

Stanton Slackline has uber short stays.

bigad40
    Free Member

Second for Stanton slackline.
    Really tight rear.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Stanton really need to sort their stuff out and release an updated steel version with 44mm head tube and 30.9mm+ seat tube. The to version will have those features if its actually available to buy.

I thought you could still buy a Shan, just not in the gulf racing colours.

chakaping
    Free Member

The surge would certainly be an excellent choice.

In fact I have a large (16in) frame to sell if you are considering second hand.

Email in me profile

tymbian
    Free Member

The Slacklines c-stays are 414mm which is ‘ uber-geil ‘ but the Head angle is 68. I’m after a slack front, short rear and low bottom. Simples. I was wondering if anything else came into considerataion. Pipedream are prototyping a ‘ Moxie. See Here might be a bitch to point uphill though with the slack seat-angle. What do you reckon?

I’m loving the look of the Shan but that’s a lot of money…

tymbian
    Free Member

Can you fit an angle-set to the Slackline? and yes…a 30.9+ seat-tube would bring the bike up to date.

BillOddie

Don’t get too hung up on short chainstays.

1) ultra short chainstays = limited rear tyre clearance generally
    2) if the bike has a nice steep seat angle a la ragley. the chainstays “shorten” when you have the saddle down and get low and aggressive anyway.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘LT Hardtail frame options’ is closed to new replies.