Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LPG Conversion.
  • Mooly
    Free Member

Has anyone had an LPG conversion to their car. Just bought a Passat and I`m considering losing a bit of boot space for much cheaper fuel.
    Any thoughts or experiences welcome.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Yes. Make sure you have enough capacity not to have to fill it up all the time. Nothing more to add really, mine has been very dull.

spooky_b329

First off, I guess you’ve bought a petrol Passat?

Secondly, I’m not sure what was changing but I’ve heard talk on other forums that something is going to change which will make the payback period much longer. Or maybe I’m getting confused with veg oil conversions, but there’s not much expense involved in that unless you start playing with heating the oil. Sorry…not much help was I?!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos

I’ve converted two Land Rovers.
    Get a countrywide account if there’s one in your area. They’re about 60ppl, forecourts are about 80ppl.

steveh

Looking at the costs for installation (around £2k last time i checked) you need to do a pretty high mileage for it to pay back. If you want to do it the best way is to buy a car with a conversion already done (and certificate) as they don’t carry a large premium over the equivalent petrol only model.

Mooly
    Free Member

Cheers for feedback. I guess if you are going to do it the earlier the better to get good return. And yes. I have a petrol.

Hairychested
    Free Member

My dad has driven LPG cars for yonks clocking up some 60k miles per year. Wouldn’t drive anything else unless he moved to Ireland where you can’t really buy LPG.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘LPG Conversion.’ is closed to new replies.