Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Lowest of the low…
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Always try and get some riding in on a work trip so after last nights cancellation after a massive storm tonight was the night. Most of my local home rides involves a big mountain and 700+ and more climbing tonight however I think I hit my lowest
    https://www.strava.com/activities/763385143
    83m in 25km!!
    So how flat can you go?

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

34m in 24.3km – offroad ride as well…!

1.399m/km; beat that!

pistonbroke
    Free Member

We live in Southern Cataluña close to where the river Ebro runs out into the Mediterranean forming a large delta, earlier in the year we did a 50km ride which was nearly all off road on gravel tracks and the beach and my Garmin recorded an elevation gain of 33m, we had started at the bottom of some steps and finished at the top which accounted for nearly half the climbing! Don’t do strava so cannot post up route, sorry.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Similar here, lived in Norfolk/Lincs/Cambs ish one year, most rides were under 200m of climbing per 100km. Most of that going over bridges.
    The endless wind more than made up for it.
    Had to ride something like 50 km to get to the nearest hill.

Spent some time in Skåne and it’s very similar terrain. One MTB ride was under 50m climbing after 80 odd km.

It’s a bit of a change from living near the Alps.

whitestone
    Free Member

151m in 75Km – I had to go down to Cambridge for work for a few days so took the bike so that I could get a ride done in the evenings. Surprisingly hard work as you don’t get any chance to coast on the downhills as there aren’t any!

oldnpastit

@whitestone, plenty of hills around Cambridge.

whitestone
    Free Member

I think I found them all 😀

I was actually further towards Huntingdon but compared to The Dales, it’s flat.

pictonroad

Not me but a mate of mine, lives on the manhood* peninsula.

*snigger

smokey_jo

109.7mi 302ft
    Brugge to Corsendonk

ransos
    Free Member

45m in 69km (Vendee in France): https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/862474487

And I was grateful – it was hot and I was towing my two kids in the trailer.

bigjim

my ex gf lives in Michigan and her strava rides are typically about 3 metres ascent for every 1km ridden, not bad for inland.

plumber
    Free Member

My commute to work is around 16 miles and 27 ft difference

mind numbingly flat

stewartc
    Free Member

The cycling mecca that is Singapore…..

My usual 25-40km local rides on Lantau typically average around 1000mtr of climbing.

onewheelgood
    davewalsh
    Free Member

My mother in law lives in Florida, it’s as flat as a pancake over there:

scotroutes
    BigDummy
    Free Member

I’m going to Mississippi later in the month. 1m of elevation per km ridden seems to be standard. 🙂

timba
    Free Member

@MWS: Was the tide coming in? The general trend was all downhill

crazy-legs

If I use the canal towpath route to work, I get 27m of climbing in 26 km. Most of that is going over canal bridges as the towpath crosses from one side to the other.

chilled76
    Free Member

Someone from Lincolnshire will be along in a minute and actually prove the world is flat.

richmars

31m in 19Km is my twice daily commute. Most of that is to get to my village, which is, so I’m told, the highest village in the Fens.

Edit, And about 6Km is pretty close to sea level.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Ride in WA mate… I actively look for speed-humps to ride over so I can say I’ve done some downhill!

Klunk
    Free Member

most ex railway lines, “normal” trains don’t like gradients.

faustus

Reading to Newbury along the canal, 43m of elevation in 31.8 km, so 1.35m per km. Mostly bumps to get up to lock level.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Lowest of the low…’ is closed to new replies.