Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • lowest common denominator… Ryder Cup
  • alpin
    Free Member

“get in the hole!”

“USA. USA. USA. USA.!”

i know golf is a bt sh!t to watch, but it really doesn’t help proceedings when the plebs start shouting as if they were at a football game.

i blame Sky Sports and the Sun.

ton

golf is a bit shit……….period (that’s yank speak for altogether) 8)

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Also overheard:

‘You’re going home in a ******g Range Rover’

and

‘Who ate all foie gras? Who ate all the foie gras? You fat bastard, you fat bastard, you ate all the foie gras’

Probably.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

period

Might even be yankspeak for “full stop”

nickc

Only time I’ve ever heard people in this country get excited about Europe…

ton

dd…………you are correct…forgive me for my ignorance.. 😀

mudmonster
    Free Member

Can’t wait until it’s over. Horrible game zzzzzzzzzzzz

Jammy111
    Free Member

its quality, and you lot obviously don’t know what you are talking about!
    I dont know why golf gets so much grief from people who don’t even play the sport- go slag off curling or something. 😀

ton

golf is a proper shit game…….played mainly by working class blokes trying to be above themselves……. 8)

Edric64
    Free Member

It’s the attitude of the old farts at clubs that is off putting

Jammy111
    Free Member

ton- you clearly aren’t a golfer then 🙂 you are miles off with the working class comment as well; it is played by middle class people trying to be above themselves- but mainly its played by people who enjoy it!

ton

jammy………..this 8) was supposed to be this 😉

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Golf courses other hand are excellent riding spots, those bunkers make great jumps, and the grass surface is even smoother than Llandegla!

br
    Free Member

Good walk spoiled.

Jammy111
    Free Member

i think i’m outnumbered! no other golfers on here?

as an aside- even if you dont enjoy playing golf, is the ryder cup still not very exciting to watch?

Houns

There are a few Golfers on here, me for one. Just tired of reading ignorant comments from folk who have never played the game

alpin
    Free Member

i play golf occasionally, or at least used to.

i often used to go up to the local 18 hole play-and-play and while away a few hours with a mate.
    since moving to germany i’ve been unable to enter onto any course as i don’t have a “platzreife” or “platzerlaubnis”. essentially a piece of paper saying that i know how to conduct myself on a golf course, know the rules to adhere to on a golf course and the etiquette of being on a golf course.

oh, and the “platzreife” costs moeny. can’t remember how much, but you can’t have one unless you’re a member of a club – which costs more money.
    golf in germany is very elitist, unlike in the UK.

golf in itself isn’t a bad game. it takes a bit of skill and perseverence, but is very dull to watch and to hear people talking about.

oh, and i’m distinctively working class….

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Yes, but have any of you ever ridden your bikes on a golf course?

alpin
    Free Member

@ Gary, yes.

and kiteboarded and snowkited across them. the mounds before the bunkers make great kickers.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    period
    Might even be yankspeak for “full stop”
    POSTED 19 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Not just yankspeak – it’s the correct typographic term for a full stop in the UK

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I really enjoy playing and watching golf. Give me a spare few hours and I’ll go out on my bike every time though these days!

igm

My grandfather played off 3 and had to cycle to the courses he played at as he didn’t have / couldn’t afford a car – but then he was from St Andrews.

I can’t stand golf – but that may be because I don’t have any aptitude for it.

stumpynya12
    Free Member

I have a golf course opposite my stable block and I’m sure they @wat the balls towards the servants quarters just to give the butler something to gather up on his day off 😯

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Tried it a couple of times, but got fed up trying to get the ball up the chute, through the portcullis and into the castle

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘lowest common denominator… Ryder Cup’ is closed to new replies.