Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Lower back pain
  • carbonfiend
    Free Member

I know it’s quite a common ailment but need a bit of advice, suggestions pls. Got severe pain in lower back for about a week now just down one side above just pelvis. Had back pain before couple of times during solo 24s it’s locked up & once last year suffered a case but each time a week of recovery & it went. This time the pain is much more severe & it’s still quite active. Here’s the other info I broke my CB about 5 weeks ago a day before this case of pain came on was walking dog & it got attacked by other dog & full on fight ensued I had to pick up & kick away the attacking dog. After this my CB was really painful & then back pain arrived. Off to docs tomorrow any suggestions etc on what I should ask for when I get there – MRI etc plus anybody wanna offer diagnosis please do.
    Cheers

ahsat

All I can say is get yourself to a very good MSK physio (I ended up going private as well as NHS) and that has been my saviour. MRI for me showed disc damage but managed by physio.

That is thanks to much encouragement from here telling me to get away from my chiropractor habit….

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Ask for painkillers and antiinflammatories – not a MRI. Diagnosis – acute non-specific low back pain, or mechanical low back pain – take your pick.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Got PKs by the truck load already from CB break which at TBH why I am slightly worried this time (tramadol & diclofenac) as they don’t seem to help. The pain is worse that fracture at times.

marp
    Free Member

I wholeheartedly agree with mankylung… You most likely do not need an MRI or X-ray (certainly within the first 6 weeks of pain) but the need should be identified (if there is one) according to previous medical history, neurological signs etc by your doc. They shouldn’t be doled out willy nilly as somewhere around 90% of back pain will end up with a diagnosis of non specific low back pain and your scans will be similar to someone else’s your age, irrespective of whether they have pain or not.

Try not to worry too much about it, keep dosed up and keep moving as much as you can, it should ease up with time and return to normal. If you want to go and see an AHP (Physio/Chiro etc) they should be able to help and provide some advice and treatment tailored to you and your problems. That is the best advice (basically i second everything mankylung has said) If you were in Oz you could come and enrol on our research study!

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Cheers for advice doc said exactly as above she reckons I have twisted etc Thoracolumar Fascia & it will just take longer than what I expect or have experience before to heal 3-6 weeks & just be patient.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I seriously doubt it’s that specifically, but it’s more than likely heal on its own. There are tonnes of papers out there with likely recovery rates for low back pain.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Lower back pain’ is closed to new replies.