• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by GJP.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Lower back and thigh and calf pain – right side only
  • cakefest
    Free Member

I’m noticing mild lower back pain and right thigh to right calf ache (stopping me from wanting to push hard) on right side both during and after riding at easy levels – spinning easy gears, low HR. It wouldn’t normally affect me at all at any intensity.

Had three months off the bike completely due to extreme illness in winter this year and thinking I don’t have the core strength I would normally have.

Mild pain originally first noticed 5 weeks ago on 50 miler/8 hours offroad at outside of left knee, with lower right back also tight. Shiatsu got rid of knee pain last week, but lower back persists.

I haven’t changed any setup so don’t think that’s a problem.

Currently working to strengthen core with a number of stretches/exercies/moves.

Any thoughts/tips?

geoffj
    hambl90
    Free Member

Yeah could be sciatica is there any numbness at all ?

cakefest
    Free Member

No not numb. Just mild discomfort. Also some stiffness in neck.

Since the treatment for my illness – cancer in my right cheek area with major surgery then radiotherapy – I get stiff down the right side of my body quite easily. That includes head, neck, shoulders, back. I have Shiatsu once a month and that rebalances me.

But this aching on the bike is new.

CT scan 3 months ago showed all clear.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Check with your oncologists to see if there is any chance of nerve damage that would cause your symptoms but I too was going to suggest sciatica. Its a ***stard when you get a bout of it. I find certain cars/vans that I drive seem to trigger mine.

GJP
    Free Member

I have suffered similar symptoms recently whist suffering from a moderate case of tendonitis. I put it down to my body compensating for me not pushing as hard with my right leg, and I strongly suspect that my core strength is not good. Symptoms have eased now the tendonitis is sorting itself out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Lower back and thigh and calf pain – right side only’ is closed to new replies.