Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Low stack but comfortable saddle
  • riklegge

I’m looking for a comfortable saddle with low “stack height”. I can’t drop my post any further, would like to keep this post but would ideally like the saddle top about 1-2cm lower than it currently is when the post is fully extended.

My current saddle is a charge spoon and quite like the shape.

Any suggestions (about the saddle) welcome.

hairyscary

Selle Italia SLR 135 is one of the most comfortable saddles I’ve used, but is too expensive expensive when my bike inevitably goes bouncing down a hillside.

shandcycles
    Free Member

cut 1-2cm off the bottom of the post?

riklegge

It’s a reverb so cutting is out unfortunately.

jam-bo

Shorter cranks.

riklegge

Only gains me 5mm, plus I would have assumed a saddle to be cheaper than cranks

wiggles
    Free Member

I’ve got a few saddles can you measure the spoon and I’ll try and measure the ones I’ve got.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Don’t know how this compares in stack height.
    Seller Italia SLR max gel flow, more comfortable than a comfortable thing..

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/selle-italia-slr-max-gel-flow-saddle/rp-prod82179

breadcrumb

Thicker pedals. Or some platform shoes.

Could you trim the seat tube down? L

riklegge

Thanks everyone so far. Wiggles, I’ll measure up tomorrow. Thanks also for the slr suggestion, I’ll have a look.

Bregante

I went from a charge spoon to a fabric Scoop and I’ve no idea whether there was much stack difference in the standard model but I note that they now do a fabric Scoop shallow model – so that may be worth a look. If they’re anything like the standard sccop it will be very comfortable coming from a spoon.

thekettle
    Free Member

The Brooks Cambium has a very low height as it ‘hammocks’ in the middle as you weight it. I’ve just removed one and had to drop by 15mm to compensate for the taller replacement!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Low stack but comfortable saddle’ is closed to new replies.