Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • low riser bars on a hybrid commuter, is it wrong?
  • renton
    Free Member

I have a boardman hybrid comp and find the standard 600mm flat bars to narrow and cant get comfy.

Would it be wrong to stick a low riser bar on it instead??

transporter13
    Free Member

No. Not at all. I even have stubby bar ends on mine too. Much more comfy.

aP
    Free Member

Yes.

renton
    Free Member

Cheers transporter13, what do you ride btw?

gnusmas

My commuter is a HT not hybrid but it has got low risers and bar ends. Low risers are right for me on this bike so seemed logical (even if its not the done thing), again much more comfy.

renton
    Free Member

This is the bike………….

its currently wearing an 70mm stem and a charge spoon saddle

munrobiker
    Free Member

You could get wider flat bars as it already looks very tall at then front but if you already have the bars I don’t think anyone is too snobby about commuter bikes to care.

renton
    Free Member

Its a bit lower than the pic as the stem shown has quite a bit of rise whereas the one ive fitted has none!

renton
    Free Member

Ap. Why?

bigblackshed

My hybrid has either has 680mm 25mm rise with a 100mm 0deg stem for commuting, or if its being used off road for CX duties then 750mm 25mm rise with a 70mm 0deg stem.

Looks right with the silly wide bars TBH.

bobgarrod
    Free Member

You should set up your bike for what’s comfortable for you, not worrying what anyone else does.

transporter13
    Free Member

Renton. I ride my carrera subway 2 with full on cheapo spec acera groupset and panniers/rack from the bikehut range.
    The only thing I’ll change about the bike in the future will be to build some 29er/700c rims onto some spare pro2 hubs as an upgrade from the perfectly fine deore/119 combo that’s on it at the moment. More for the sake of doing it than for any particular reason.

torihada
    Free Member

I just swapped out my 1994 narrow flat bar & 120mm stem combo on my commuter for a set of old 640 riser bars and an 80mm stem. Its so much more comfortable and much more enjoyable.

Northwind

Got the same Boardman- admittedly, mine is slightly too small! But got a set of 720mm highrise ragley bars on it, absolutely perfect.

zoo200
    Free Member

30mm rise crank brothers cobalt AM risers on mine with a 50mm stem… Bars are 700 wide too

renton
    Free Member

sweet will get it done then !!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘low riser bars on a hybrid commuter, is it wrong?’ is closed to new replies.