Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Low PSI gauge …..which one?
  • pipiom
    Free Member

Defo getting one of these for the fattie as tyre PSI appears to be crucial

Which is best: digital, or analogue (pointer needle)…..and what PSI range (0-10, 0-30, 0-100?????)

And, with so many for sale on eBay, anyone seen/got a good one from there?

cakefacesmallblock

Interested in this too. makes me wonder even at mid 20s how accurate my Joe blow mountain is ?
    Don’t seem to have an issue and am comfortable with how my tyres work on my trailbike at what it tells me is about 28, I suppose even if that’s what it reads it ain’t necessarily true, equally it doesn’t seem to actually register much below abou 8 anyway.

pipiom
    Free Member

Yeah I can track pump my other bikes’ tyres to app 28-30, give em a squidge and I’m done, but the FB is a totally different animal…..there’s a vast difference between 5 and 6 PSI ie pogo stick or rim smash (Carbon Nexties so not a good thing to get wrong)

oliverd1981
    Free Member

For fatty tyre pressures, as they’re a matter of personal preference, you gauge doesn’t have to be accurate (ie traceble to ukas standards, down to 0.01 psi) but it does have to be repeatable so you can ensure you have the same pressure on your next ride.

I’d go digital with a range up to about 25% higher than the pressure I’d expect to be using, and make sure it does have at lest one decimal place – you want to be able to see the pressure going up. 30 psi would be a good bet as it’d cover DH tyre duties too.

onandon
    Free Member

I have the Topeak digital one. It does everything from my forks to my rear shocks to fat bikes tyres and road bike.

Well worth the cash.

drofluf
    Free Member

I use a digital one that I got from Halfords for about £15. As Oliver says it’s a matter of preference and conditions and it needs to be repeatable.

Once you get used to it you’ll know that 10.5 psi or wherever is your “sweet spot” and you’ll be able to adjust pressure by “squidge” and dispense with the gauge.

feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

I bought one of these because the pressure guage on my track pump is a bit all over the place.

akira

Topeak digital here as well, great for fat tyres. 7psi great, 8psi bad.

pipiom
    Free Member

I’ve got the topeak gauge and it’s fine for my other bikes, but it’s got no decimal placesso when you think you’ve got say 6PSI it could be 6.8…big difference on fat tyres IMHO

SirHC

Topeak Digital Here as well, easy to use.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Low PSI gauge …..which one?’ is closed to new replies.