Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Low maintenance Dropper Post?
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

Hi, I want to get a dropper post, but don’t want to be constantly maintaining it. I just want simple and functional, so what do you recommend? Thanks.

(I appreciate that this has probably been done to death, but a quick search didn’t show anything recent and I’m interested in peoples experiences to date)

druidh
    Free Member

Gravity Dropper.

singlecrack
    Free Member

No such thing is there ???

mmel
    Free Member

KS LEV for me, not cheap but it just works

svalgis
    Free Member

Gravity Dropper for sure.

rOcKeTdOg

GD, nowt to go wrong really

bri-72

GD also. 15months of use and neglect and no issues. Is only now feeling sticky might need some TLC.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ks 9xxx series. I have removed the collar every couple of months and greased it. Been running it on main bike for 2 years now. Best to avoid 1st releases of posts until the final spec is sorted. Most posts are fairly good now.

rhid

My reverb has been nothing but brilliant for a year. Only had to bleed it once after replacing the hose after a crash. Get one and you won’t regret it.

chiefgrooveguru

Gravity Dropper. Just got a new boot for mine after two years, so I can avoid maintaining it for many more months.

dantsw13

The ICE V8 is effectively a Gravity Dropper, but available much cheaper( £87 delivered from purebike.fr!!)

MBR gave it 9/10 last month. It has 3 positions

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

See ice V8 thread, exact same post £66 delivered under the factory (Tmars?) name.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Gravity dropper. My oldest one is 7 years old and I’ve greased it once. It didn’t need it, I was just curious. It took 2 minutes. They just work.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

FWIW I’ve seen more problems with GD’s than some of the more modern ones. Just personal experience though not scientific.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I know someone who broke two gravity droppers.

I’ve had no problems with x-fusion hilo’s before now. Need the cable retensioning occasionally but no internal issues

sbd16v
    Free Member

reverb 18months without a bleed

hammyuk
    Free Member

Joplin 3 – not one issue unless you operate it whilst the bike is hanging on the wall 😛

andymc06
    Free Member

Reverb. Worked perfectly out of the box for 1 year. Just clean and lube after each ride.

float
    Free Member

I know someone who broke two gravity droppers.

lol! how?

Northwind

Gravity Dropper for me. My KS doesn’t need constant maintenance but does need a proper service more often than the GD (which gets done about once a year despite getting used in all sorts of horrible conditions).

Oh… The main difference is, if you don’t service a GD it stops working well til you clean it. If you don’t service a KS it dies and needs new parts.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Low maintenance Dropper Post?’ is closed to new replies.