Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Low Level Route Angus or Cairngorms East (tomorrow)
  • skindog
    Free Member

Morning, I find myself with a day off tomorrow and fancy taking the bike out. I was up the Angus Braes on Saturday and the snow was about 450m so I got a decent bit of riding snow free. The snow must be down to about 300m now and I can’t think of a low level route which would be good fun but wouldn’t require snowshoes or a fat bike.

Any suggestions, as usual, greatfully recieved.

Skindog

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I’m around Dunkeld and the snow is down to about 150m. All my routes around here are basically closed at the moment for bikes as it’s all rutted and icy. It might be OK in Fife – looks like less snow from the A9 but other than that I wouldn’t bother…

Sorry!

duckman

I am in Fettercairn, snow is right down to the roads. Cairn o Mount has been shut again over the weekend,so East Gorms looking ropey (Tarfside/Glen Esk etc)

skindog
    Free Member

Was thinking of heading up the Southside of Glen Esk and pottering about at Tarfside before heading back down, nothing aweome but would get the legs spinning. Anyone ridden it?

Edit – just spotted the post.

maybe have to stick to the road bike and dodging ice.

geoffj

Do you ski? The forecast for Cairngorm for tomorrow is pretty good.

skindog
    Free Member

I broke my knee a few years back, and haven’t ski’d since. Mores the pitty!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Low Level Route Angus or Cairngorms East (tomorrow)’ is closed to new replies.