Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Low height stem or Crank Bros headset?
  • wwaswas

I’m getting a 2nd hand fork with a fairly short tube.

I may need to lose a few mm on either the stem or headset.

What low steerer clamp height stems are there out there (and how tall are they)?

Any experiences of Crank Bros headsets – they’re supposed to be fairly low aren’t they?

richc
    Free Member

what fork? as you might need to check the adjusters will clear the downtube with very low stack headsets.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

i just got a Sunline V1 all mountain stem, that’s meant to have a low height but it’s not here to measure for you…

wwaswas

that’s a bit ‘core for me whippersnapper.

I’m lookign for somethign a bit more suited to my jeyboy riding style.

Fox fork, btw on an Inbred.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

i’m tending towards jey, it looked nice and doesn’t weigh alot

IA

FSA OS-150 stems (and the XC-115s for std bars) have a 35mm stack height. That’s 5mm shorter than a thomson or easton, and 15mm shorter than a lot of other stuff.

NIce stems too.

wwaswas

cheers IA.

thefirstpancake
    Free Member

I would avoid CB headsets. I got one on an ex-demo superlight, and it had marked the steerer on the rebas it came with significantly when I bought it (much worse than the minor marking caused by a King headset). Like all crank brothers stuff, seemingly, it’s very nice looking, and basically a good idea, but badly executed and somewhat unreliable in practice.

wwaswas

thanks tfp.

crc have some truvativ stems with a 35mm stack height for £12 so I may get one of those.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Low height stem or Crank Bros headset?’ is closed to new replies.