Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Low height goggles, do they exsit?
  • 1timmy1
    Free Member

I’m still looking to get some goggles and was recommended the Bolle safety goggles on another thread. Before I buy them, does anyone know of any mountain bike goggles that have a low height between the nose and top of the goggles?

I tried some POC Iris goggles with my Giro Montaro, but due to my head/face the helmet pushed the goggles right down my nose. It’s seems I don’t have much space between my nose and where the helmet sits on my head.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

I have the same issue wearing goggles with my Bell Super; had planned to try some junior/kids goggles but never got round to it.

marcgear
    Free Member

I get this with some goggles, it feels like someone is pinching your nose a little and you can’t breathe as easily.

You can either try loads of goggles until you find some that fit, or do what I did and buy some cheap ones that you like and trim the foam around the bridge of the nose with some sharp scissors until it doesn’t do this.

Or get nose reduction surgery.

Tracey

Dont have a problem with Oakley O Frame XS

1timmy1
    Free Member

I’ll have a look at the Oakley’s, its hard to really tell from pictures how high the goggles will sit. I’m might have to go shopping at CR so I can return for free.

Are youth sizes narrower than adults?

strangey13
    Free Member

I got some Smith Squad goggles after trying Oakley and 100%. I’ve smashed my hooter a few times and had it operated on so struggle with a lot of goggles and glasses fitting and not pinching or riding up. Don’t seem to get it with the Smith stuff.

scotroutes

They do if I’m wearing them.

drlex
    Free Member

Would a smaller, spectacle-like goggle work for you?
    Bollé Ultim8
    Otherwise, ones with independent eyepieces and a nose strap, akin to large swimming goggles? May look like WWII Afrika Corps tank commander, though…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Mate of mine uses kids 100% goggles, for this reason.

hainman
    Free Member

I have the Oakley o frame Xs and still pinch down on my nose
    Pretty much same as my 100% accuris
    I was given a small pair my mate got off wish which worked but I left them in my van and lenses scratched

1timmy1
    Free Member

I’ll check out the Smith ones too and the other links. I might get the Bolle ones as well.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Low height goggles, do they exsit?’ is closed to new replies.