Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • low fat foods/meals that actually taste nice and not like cardboard!?
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

on a diet kick and so's the missus so
    give me your ideal/best meals that are low fat or reasonably low
    but actually taste nice.
    carrots and a glass of water aint my style!!

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Why would you want low fat?

alwyn
    Free Member

Decent chinese style stir fry: Rice, Soy sauce based sauce, broccoli, carrots, spring onion, ginger, galic, chili, chicken. All fried up and eaten with chop sticks. Low fat and tasty.

Jamie
    Free Member

Fish/Poultry/Pasta/Noodles/Veg/Salad/Grains.

etc.

BoardinBob

Risotto. Use creme fraiche instead of cream and low fat marg instead of butter. So many ways though to make it delicious.

odannyboy
    Free Member

tops!
    any more?

br
    Free Member

practically anything using fresh ingredients…

with meat, just cut most of the fat off, probably use chicken or fish

br
    Free Member

says the man just frying some lovely plump sausages for use in Tiger Bread (cut sideways!) sandwiches.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

*brainwashed*

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

OOO BR can I have some please!? sounds great .

ahwiles
    Free Member

pick 3 vegetables; pumpkin, parsnip, red pepper for example.

peel if necessary, chop into chunks, chuck them in the oven for 20 mins.

put the cooked chunks in a big saucepan, cover with hot water from the kettle, add some salt, ground black pepper and a pinch or 2 of chilli powder. (a teaspoon of bouillon and a bay leaf work wonders at this stage).

whizz it up a bit with a hand blender, leave a few chunks, stuff it in your face with some chunky bread.

if you make loads, this can see you through a few days of lunches.

(the problem with dieting with your girlfriend, is that get seriously huffy when you lose more weight, and faster, than they do…)

morelikeme
    Free Member

I'm with you FoxyChick, but I'm curious what your point of view is?

It's nice to see someone else rejecting conventional – and misguided – convention.

odannyboy
    Free Member

why misguided convention?
    if someone is overweight or not eating a healthy diet
    they need to change there habits??
    or am i reading this wrong?

sofatester
    Free Member

Why not just move a bit more and eat less rubbish? It's not that complex really. 🙂

IanMunro
    Free Member

There are none.
    Meals with fat taste better for good reason.

morelikeme
    Free Member

Well, the idea that a low-fat diet is healthy and good for you is bunkum. We have been well and truly sold a lie there.

If you follow a low fat diet – as recommended by most health professionals – you are actually increasing your risk of illness. Strange, but largely true.

The most effective way to reduce weight and eat healthy is cutting down on processed foods – in particular to reduce sugar and carb intake.

See if you can get hold of the movie fathead – interesting stuff about how the existing diet orthodoxy is largely wrong and how it is being challenged. That of course is not the complete story, but it will give you a good entry point to the debate.

odannyboy
    Free Member

"reduce sugar and carb intake"

so bacon sarnies all the way and ill be fine??

dogmatix

aren't most fish dishes low fat? get a rick stein seafood recipe book. fish soup? pea and mint soup? all kinds of vegetable soups you could make.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Stop eating when you are full and move about more.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘low fat foods/meals that actually taste nice and not like cardboard!?’ is closed to new replies.