Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Low and high volume air cans…?
  • longwayhome
    Free Member

So BWD were you trolling?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

where does the shim of plastic go??

BadlyWiredDog

So BWD are you trolling?

In a half-hearted sort of way, possibly. But the trouble with American forums like this one is that any sense of irony is long dead, everything is taken completely literally, so there’s not much future in trolling. I see it more as an educational thing, there are plenty of people out there who believe grease is compressible and have trouble telling it apart from oil, my mission is simply to help them. A bit like Jamie Oliver, but with shorter hair 😕

BadlyWiredDog

where does the shim of plastic go??

It goes inside the HV sleeve, just remove the sleeve, cut the plastic to fit the void and reinstall. Has the advantage that there’s no grease to migrate into the main body of the shock where it becomes non-compressible – joke – but is less fiddly to reverse and easy to adjust – use a bigger or smaller shim to add/reduce volume and change the ramp-up characteristics of the shock.

clubber
    Free Member

You could get a programme out of that – call it ‘Grease is the word’ or similar 😉

racing_ralph
    Free Member

comprendez

lipseal
    Free Member

Im going through the same conundrum with my DHX 5 I got a price for a LV can,£27 plus £6 for sticker. Now having never taken the extra bit off I am wondering how big the gap is and I’m thinking about using o rings to fill the void. What yeah think?

messiah
    Free Member

I’ve done the bit of plastic in the second chamber to alter the volume on my HV Fox Float R shock. It reduced the blow through and helped aleviate the pedal strike and “wallow” I was suffering when running 25-30% sag.

To make the performance a bit better I’ve reduced the leverage rate by using the 6.18″ travel setting instead of the 6.7″ (again with 25-30% sag) this has again reduced the shock mid stroke blow through to an almost liveable level.

Next stop is a custom tune…

longwayhome
    Free Member

But the trouble with American forums like this one is that any sense of irony is long dead, everything is taken completely literally, so there’s not much future in trolling.

(Friendly here) The only problem with irony and sarcasm is that it confuses people that don’t know any better, which is a bad thing on technical issues. And I’m on a mission to unconfuse people (see my first post on this thread).

A bit like Jamie Oliver, but with shorter hair

Extra large tongue or not? 😀

BadlyWiredDog

The only problem with irony and sarcasm is that it confuses people that don’t know any better, which is a bad thing on technical issues. And I’m on a mission to unconfuse people

I was going to make an ironic crack about you being in the right place. Then I realised that it wasn’t ironic, irony being the use of words to convey their literal opposite, or something like that… Good luck anyway. I think you may be fighting a losing battle 😕

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Low and high volume air cans…?’ is closed to new replies.