Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Loving it or hating it – the weather that is?
  • PePPeR

Don't like riding in it, I seem to have an aversion to breaking more limbs these days, (getting too old) but still love the cold weather and we've been out for long walks with the dog every day and had a great time.

Yesterday we went to Weston Super Mare, the beach was excellent, the dog went crazy chasing all the sea gulls and came home very tired and happy.

ononeorange

Love it! A proper winter at last with proper snow and stuff. It makes riding the bike more fun (the 6+ inches of mud and gloop are frozen under the snow), the only improvment would have been if the trains to work had stopped running, but never mind.

pennine
    Free Member

Bike left at home and on with the walking boots. Yorkshire dales yesterday

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    asdfhjkl
    Free Member

Been out on the bike almost every day in the snow. Getting a bit fed up of it now that it's melting and leaving the roads like ice rinks.

hilldodger
    Free Member

What weather ?
    little bit of frost and light drizzle down here 🙂
    mild, no wind and no problems off or on road – global warming, yeah baby……….

Christowkid
    Free Member

Hating it.
    Live in a steep laned village that has been difficult to get around since saturday before Xmas because of ice! Numerous 'off's ' and crunches with cars around and about, some even on the flat road at the valley bottom. Everyone agreeing it's been a nightmare to get around, luckily most people have had time off from work. Farmers in landies been struggling too, which is rare, and a local bus has been bashed up when driver got it wrong and discovered how hard the stone walls are. Even getting logs from the garage has been tricky with ice everywhere.
    Today – black as night at 10.30am and p*ssing down…….
    Not sure of it's the conditions or the chest infection that's been getting at me. Haven't felt like getting on bike…..
    Hey ho
    Q

allyharp

I'm starting to get a bit sick of it now. The snow was great at first but now it has frozen solid so all the hills are covered in sheets of ice making the steepest parts difficult to even walk up.
    To add to that I had just begun some driving lessons, which are now on hold while the roads are a mess 😕

colande
    Free Member

boxing day ride
    that'll be sheet ice
    was just starting to believe that i could ride on ice,
    i was saying to myself,
    "you gotta have faith" (a la George Michael)
    then my bike is sliding one way and im sliding on my back another 😀

bigyinn
    Free Member

Was out most of yesterday, pretty gopping and muddy with some rather annoying chainsuck as a result.
    Nearly back home when i realised my shock was stuck down. Time to fit the new bushings and seal kit then….

Gary_M
    Free Member

Not happy with it at all really. I've had to drive to work for the past two weeks. Usually love riding at this time of year what with the lack of traffic on the road. Doesn't look like I'll be riding this week either.

Riding off road from home involves some riding on the road and I'm not prepeared to drive for a few hours to go for a ride.

sparsons
    Free Member

I enjoyed a lovely snowy walk over the Quantocks from Cothlestone Hill to the Blue Ball Inn at Triscombe, prior to XMAS, since then have been hating the weather, slipped and slided along the canal towpath and now it's all p155 wet here.
    I'll be glad to get back to work, give me my holidays in the summer time !!!!!

Northwind

Enjoying it again, after hearing everyone at work moan about driving in it all day, then getting sent home early for safety reasons- meant I could take the long route home through some lovely fresh snow :mrgreen:

whosthedaddy
    Free Member

Had a fantastic ride from Callander to just shy of Killin today in some amazing scenery, really stunning.

stuartm555
    Free Member

I'm loving in 🙂 Although I've not actually been on a bike since it started but have been ski touring / snowboarding loads.

Was out in the Pentlands yesterday and it looked more like the Alps … white hills with long lines of people climbing up them all!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member
    antigee

love it
    crisp icey running
    scarey bike riding
    blue skies
    sledging
    stars

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Loving it or hating it – the weather that is?’ is closed to new replies.