Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Lovely Day. But no riding….
  • monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Spent the day at the garden centre instead.(hangs head in shame) so not been out today. Will have to wait until tuesday to get out. Inspire me with your rides in the great weather today…..

mtbfix

Took the dog for a walk. Daughter rode her bike. Riding by proxy.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Been decorating all day. Again 🙁

That’s the third weekend in a row 🙁

Drac

I got dragged shopping and didn’t even get my beer compensation that I normally get.

Bregante

Where as I managed 35 miles yesterday with no ill effects on the knee….

So I went out and managed another cheeky 40 this morning 😀

amedias
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/sunshine-happened-at-a-weekend

<smug mode>
    ^ went for lovely early morning start, glorious weather, despite not feeling all that energetic had a great day on some (now almost dry!) trails and exploring a couple of new ones, then spun home via the beach for lunch 🙂
    </smug mode>

LMT
    Free Member

First day off in 3 weeks, so knackered, no biking. Plus for a change no chasing solicitors or mortgage brokers or looking at houses, spent the day windows open, FA cup on the tele while I start to pack ready for the move.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Got home from work at 07:30 walked the dog on the Quantocks, spent most of the day in bed, just cut the lawn now getting ready to leave for work at 18:00.
    But I do have the rest of the week off.

rOcKeTdOg

100k in the sunshine, mid ride cake & now post ride beer
    Crap really 😉

RoterStern
    Free Member

I managed a 3 and a half hour ride on my cross bike with a mix of forest tracks and road. Unfortunately in this part of the world it’s still freakin’ cold with a perpetual blanket of grey. 😥

chakaping
    Free Member

There’s still time!

I’m heading out when I knock off work in four mins.

Already in my lycra and SHORTS – for the first time this year on a road ride.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

splitting wood, mowing the lawn…thought i’d sneak a ride somewhere but not to be

timraven

Weekend in Bruges with the OH and some good friends, glorious weather more relaxed than I’ve been in a long long time. Just taking a moment between beers before we get back on it.

devash
    Free Member

Did the Skipton / Barden Moor / Bolton Abbey / Addingham / Roman Road loop this lunchtime wearing nothing but a long sleeve jersey. Its put me in a really good mood.

martinhutch

How mucky is the bit down into Bolton Abbey?

Did a loop from Horton taking in Cam High Road, Semer Water, Buckden etc. Still a bit of snow left on the tops.

chakaping
    Free Member

wearing nothing but a long sleeve jersey.

😯

jaylittle
    Free Member

Out with kids on Duke of Edinburgh expedition, messaged mates and nobody was out so felt a bit better.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

While at 15.00 hrs I was watching prisoners on the exercise yard & thinking, ‘WTF am I doing, working in this den of iniquity’?.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I finally got out for a ‘twilight’road ride,spent all day decorating then gardening.

maxtorque

Astonishingly dry today along the Ridgeway, on a bit of an unusual (for me) XC jaunt 😉

mintimperial

None for me today either. Firstly we had a contingent of in-laws to stay. Then small boy of the family decided to pick a fight with some metalwork in a shop and nearly removed his eye and kneecap. Fortunately minor cosmetic damage only, confirmed after an hour or two in A and E, but it did for my afternoon. First properly nice Sunday of the year too. Ho hum. 😐

Where as I managed 35 miles yesterday with no ill effects on the knee….

So I went out and managed another cheeky 40 this morning

Woohoo! Ace. 🙂

Sandwich

Recovering from a kidney infection so no riding today. Mrs S back from Ulster this evening and out for a roast dinner at a local eating pub. Still too tired to do anything too active.

Northwind

Was supposed to be racing… terrible night, woke up feeling rotten, realised I’d had a hard enough time riding the stages even in good condition so filled face with painkillers and slept until hotel threw me out…

But, it turned out OK because I decided to go for a quick walk around dunkeld before driving home, to clear my head and ended up walking about 15 miles up and down and around the river and arboretum and generally had a lovely day, with no bikes in. I should do more of that, but I almost certainly won’t…

MoreCashThanDash

Did a short hilly road ride in High Peak with a couple of mates.

Was beautiful, if rather more intense than our usual rides. Lots of pockets of snow still lying around up there.

dingleberry
    Free Member

3 1/2 hours in the suuuuun!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

4 hours in a T-shirt in Swaledale

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQxQjXYVPQs[/video]

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Lovely Day. But no riding….’ is closed to new replies.