Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Lovely autumn weather.
  • matt_outandabout

Anyone else get out for a tootle? Took two of ours and mate round Carron Valley in lovely weather today: the 8 year old has decided that suddenly berms, drops and jumps(!) are really cool and he can do them. Some hairy moments…

The day Ben discovered he likes berms… by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

jam-bo

Not so nice in Devon. Torrential rain and gale force winds at time. Walked the dog on the moors and up On the tops could barely stand up at times

Edric64
    Free Member

Too windy today! as I was time trialling averaged 30mph to the turn but couldnt hold 20s coming home !!

matt_outandabout

*feels smug*
    Any of the Scottish contingent out today?

breadcrumb

Cumbria was rather nice to day. 36 miles all in, my arms have even got a bit of a tan! Its nearly October!

And an action shot for good measure-

I got to try my new lid that I won on the Tuesday Treats too, thanks to STW and Sanjai@Chevin Cycles!

jam-bo

Back to torrential rain again. Maybe even enough to get the rivers running…

rocketman
    Free Member

Yup awesome conditions at Cannock both today and yesterday. Not too hot not too cold, dirt conditions = perfect and a good atmosphere as well everybody seemed to be having a good time. New brakes to fit in the morning then off out again. Have a good one if you’re headed our way!

kayak23

Cracking riding, unbelievable weather and my first time at Eastridge today. Top woods.

breadcrumb

I can’t believe there was dust so late in September!

tang
    Free Member

I can barely walk today! Big week of stuffing myself with every available opertunity.

Northwind

Gorgeous at innerleithen today- maybe just a hair too warm, but otherwise perfect riding weather.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Nice 45 mile road ride from West into North Yorkshire and back again. Started out misty but the sun came out by 09.30. 8)

stanfree
    Free Member

Did a loop round my favourite trail centre Drumlanrig today , It was absolutely roasting and the first time I’ve been since the little pump track section has been built. Well done Rick.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Pootled round the woods down the road this afty, looking for wildlife & stuff. After a very noisy morning on G wing the quietness was sublime/heaven/paradise all rolled into one. A big Fendt tractor in the distance was the only distraction.
    I felt like camping out.

westcoastmassive
    Free Member

had the cold at work yesterday and was feeling pretty autumnal in general. woke up this morning and it was mid-summer again, went out for an hour on my roadbike and soaked in the vitamin d, then my enduro forced me to take it for a loop around the hills before my tea. feel A1 now. i know theres a big low pressure coming in, because the cloud formations over islay at sunset were just awesome. but thats ok, i dont mind if its windy tomorrow because my legs are fried now and motogp is on, thats what i call reverse pacing yourself!

tenfoot

I took my 11 yo lad on his first ride off the side of the North Downs today – quite steep, chalky and loose. He enjoyed it, and I was relieved he made it home in one piece.

Grump
    Free Member

Aye, it’s no bad out for the end of September:

Cferg
    Free Member

Grum P – Awesome. Just had a quick read at your blog, top stuff keep it up please!

eulach

Stop showing off Grum p. 😀 Not Everyone can climb an Alp at the weekend.

Pic from yesterday

Grump
    Free Member

True, but if you can it would be a shame not to…
    Don’t recognise the hills in yours, where’s it?

eulach

You’re s’posed to be looking at the clouds, not the hills – Innerschweiz, somewhere in the middle of Switzerland.

shifter
    Free Member

Never mind the clouds, what about that space ship!

rOcKeTdOg

Drac

I decided to work some overtime as it’ll cover Xmas costs, was a real bugger as I was all over Northumberland and the Borders seeing people on their bikes and cars heading to Glentress. 21C it was too which was pretty impressive.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Apart from the temperature it was just like winter on the Quantocks with the familiar sound of mud grinding away the drivetrain and brake pads, still enjoyed the ride though 😀

cinnamon_girl

Most pleasant conditions today including some warm sunshine in Hampshire. Didn’t quite have the trails to myself though – a rider passed me and, funnily enough, we passed again a few miles later on a different bridleway.

No long barrows or tumuli but did pass earthworks from a deserted village and a nice view of the South Downs in the distance.

🙂

cinnamon_girl

Ooooh and I rode 2.2 km without pedalling on a 56 metre descent. 8)

asherh
    Free Member

Cracking conditions up in the NY Moors too.
    In the absence of riding buddies due to everyone heading off to uni again, I resorted to propping the phone against a rock to immortalise the (probably) last summery ride of the year!

A cheeky steep bit and a whip attempt:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/asherh/10002393234/

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Dawn road ride back from Blackpool as the sun came up, lovely blue skies and warm sun slightly spoiled by a fierce headwind.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Been cracking here in the Northwest since Friday, highs of 20-21*c, clear unbroken blue skies, sublime with the autumn leaves under-tyre 😀

rOcKeTdOg

i got a KOM on strava today too!*

*17 second long segment! 😯 8)

Northwind

Today at glentress was the most riding conditions there have ever been. I love autumn.

matt_outandabout

Lovely again today. At Carron Valley again, but this time sans bike and with *one or two* extras… 😯 8)

https://www.facebook.com/dunblanebb

penguinni

Damp Davagh Forest

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Lovely autumn weather.’ is closed to new replies.